CHAPTER 23

October 26 (her birthday):

I wake up to Rachael's voice.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She yells and I groan.
"No," is all I say.
"Come on, it's 11!" She tells me.
"Only? I went to bed late," I mumble. "It's my birthday, I'm allowed to sleep in."
"We have things to do! I already got you a coffee!" She remarks and that kind of lifts my mood.
"Really?" I ask.
"Yes! Because I know you so well!" She chirps.
"Everyone knows I like coffee," I turn to face her but her face was blurry without my glasses. I reach over and grab them, putting them on. "What do we even have to do?"
"I don't know, have fun. Go places you wanna go. And tonight we're getting drunk and hanging out with friends," she smiles. I nod.
"I don't want to do anything," I sit up rubbing my eyed under my glasses.
"You never do."
"Because I'm a loner, what would you like from me?" I grab the coffee that was already tempting even at my state of sleepy-ness. "You know what I do want though?" I ask. "A puppy."
"Liv, you're so unrealistic," she shakes her head and I laugh. I get off my bed.
"Let's go get food then," I shrug.
  "Where!?" She asks.
  "Anywhere?" I mutter and head to the bathroom.
I grab my toothbrush putting toothpaste on it and turning the water on. I start brushing my teeth and I see the door open to the dorm and I turn to see Isaac walk in. He looks into the bathroom and sees me, and smiles.
  "What time were you born?" He asks and I shake my head. It's too early for his bullshit.
  "You're dumb," I mumble with my toothbrush in my mouth.
  "I wanna know. Cause if it's later... then you aren't really 18 right now and it's not actually your birthday till the time," he shrugs. "Other than that... happy birthday," he says. "Do you feel older?"
I wash out my mouth before answering.
  "Very," I admit and he chuckles. "It feels like I know more things now," I joke and he rolls his eyes. "Is this how you feel?" I ask.
  "Yeah, it felt as if a gust just made me smarter and wiser," he nods. I walk past him and go to the closet. I laugh.
  "You're here?" Rachael asks with her arms crossed.
  "Is that a bad thing?" He asks.
  "No," she mumbles. "What are you wearing?" She looks at me.
  "A garbage bag. I think it'll show all my curves in the right way," I remark and she rolls her eyes.
  "I'm serious!" She says.
  "I don't know Rachael, that's why I'm looking through my clothes," I point out.
  "This is nice," Isaac pulls out my silk, camisole type of tank top shirt. It was pearl white.
  "Isaac, coming through with the fashion!" Rachael smirks. I roll my eyes. "He's right, tucked into either a skirt or ripped jeans," she says.
  "Well, I'm trying to eat some food today," I said.
  "But you're also trying to get dick," Rachael says and I laugh.
  "No, I'm not," I say.
  "Why not?" She asks.
  "Because, I just don't want dick," I shrug.
  "Boring!" She says. "So... who is allowed to hang out with us tonight?" She asks.
  "Isaac and I invited Miles and Ella from my class, and... I don't know, whoever you wanted," I shrug.
  "Noah and Ryan," She says. "Ella?"
"Yeah, she's this girl that I'm trying to set up with Miles," I nod grabbing my denim ripped jeans. They were ripped on the thighs and then a bit by my ass.
"How haven't I met these friends?" Rachael asks and I grab the shirt from Isaac and shrug.
"Because you're not in my classes," I state and go to the bathroom. I close the door and change.

When I do, I look at myself in the mirror, it was a flattering outfit, it showed the curves I had, I didn't need to wear a bra, I grab the brush and walk out of the bathroom.
"Hot," Rachael says immediately and I laugh.
"You say this about any ring I wear," I tell her.
"Because you have the perfect body, and you look good in most things," she tells me.
"Thanks, but no," I say brushing my hair. I go to my desk and grab 2 clips. I look at myself in the full body mirror Rachael has and clip the sides of my hair.
"Cute," She says. "Are you doing your makeup tonight? Cause I don't know if I should do like glam or natural," she tells me.
"I'm gonna do glam!" Isaac sits on my bed and I laugh.
"Shut up," She tells him. I grab my coffee and sip it.
"I might do a little," I shrug. "I might want to look somewhat decent."
"You don't need makeup to look decent," Isaac says.
"Ew, don't tell me that," I say and Rachael rolls her eyes.
"You suck at taking compliments," Rachael says.
"I always tell her that," Isaac agrees.
"Because, I don't like them," I mutter.
"Said no girl ever," Rachael states. "You alien."
"Thank you," I smile.
"That wasn't a compliment," she says.
"I like aliens... so to me, it was," I shrug.
"Yeah, has she not told you any of her conspiracies?" Isaac smiles.
"I don't think Rachael's on the frequency to hear them. She'd just call me crazy," I mumble.
"What!?" Rachael asks. "Ok... maybe," she admits and I nod. "But still... you're supposed to tell me things, not Isaac."
"We're best friends. That's why she tells me everything," Isaac remakes.
"No," Rachael waves him off. "Liv, what do you think of this?" Rachael pulls out some mom jeans and an off the shoulder white top.
"It's cute," I nod and sit down with my coffee in hand. Isaac takes the drink from me and sips it. "Hey!" I said.
"I'm parched," he shrugs.
"Eat my ass," I take it back. "Unless I hand it to you, and offer. Then maybe," I say.
"We're best friends, you're supposed to share with me," he states.
"It's my birthday, don't question me," I remark and he chuckles.
"What should we eat? Cause I want food," I say.
"What do you want?" Isaac asks. Rachael walks back from the bathroom dressed.
"You love sushi!" Rachael says.
"It's morning. Sushi's a lunch or dinner food," I said.
"I'm seriously never gonna try to be a good friend to you," she sighs.
"Dramatic," I laugh.
"Let's go. I need to eat also," Rachael grabs her bag and slips on her van slides.
"What are we getting?" I ask.
  "I don't know. You pick since it's your birthday," she shrugs. "We also have to get some alcohol, so I'm gonna tell Noah to do that for us," She wells over to the door. I get off the bed and so does Isaac. I slip on my vans and grab my bag and we leave.
The door across opens as I was locking our dorm. Alex walks out and he looks at me and then looks me up and down. Ew.