6: She's the Heartbroken One

Every day you're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
Cause I need you here with me

Park Chaeyoung's POV

It has been three days after the incident with the angry man that Sunday. Jackson and I just got back from the police station to revoke the report on the man as he has apologized for his behaviour. Jackson kept scolding me for making the man being released without any punishment but I just listened to him like usual.

Actually, it is not the first time he scolded me for forgiving anyone so easily. So, my ears have got kind of used to his nagging. That is why I let him throw everything on me until we got back to the bakery. He stopped once he got his apron to start his work. I smiled at him because he knew I would remind him to work if he keeps nagging at me. Plus, I am the manager so...he listens to me in the bakery.

"I wonder how Mr Jeon is doing.", he suddenly said while wiping the chiller beside the counter.

"Why? He surely is doing fine.", I said even though I do not know how Jungkook is doing now exactly.

"Well, he helped you the other day and you said he got bruise on his back. I'm just wondering because he didn't post anything for three days straight now.", Jackson replied.

I frowned upon the words Jackson just said. "Maybe he's busy with work. Does he post frequently on IG?", I asked, suddenly felt interested to know.

"Not really. I just want to see if you still care about him.", Jackson said with a wink which made me hit his shoulder after that.

When he winced because of me hitting him, we heard the doorbell rang and looked at the entrance door. "Oh, it's him.", Jackson said.

I quickly turned around to go to the kitchen door but Jackson stopped me.

"He's here for you.", he said as he signalled me to look at Jungkook.

"Hi.", Jungkook said as he is now standing in front of the counter.

"Hey, Mr Jeon.", I said as Jackson pushed me to the counter.

"My back is 100% healed now. So, can we have our lunch today?", he asked straight away. I admit that I almost forgot about the lunch thing already.

"Oh, but I just had lunch with Jackson just now.", I said.

"Lunch with me? No, we just went to the police station. I had eaten something on the way but you didn't. You were driving, Chaeyoung.", Jackson said behind me.

I thought he has left us but...no. He just made me got caught in a lie. How dare you, Jackson Wang. I gave him a stare which made him finally backed off from us.

"You went to the police station? Why? Is there anything else happened here?", Jungkook asked.

I shook my head as I gave a sign to Somi who just took an order that I will leave for break.

Then, I walked next to Jungkook and told him, "I'll tell you later. Now, where do we go for lunch?"

❤❤❤

At the restaurant...

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I put down the glass with a little sound which showed that I was shocked of what she did. "You let him out just like that?", I asked her after she told me that the man assaulted her the other day is released from the lockup.