50: Losing Him

Don't you know that I would die for you
If I knew that you would make it through
Cause losing me is better than losing you
It's better than losing you

Park Chaeyoung's POV

The sound of the clock strikes 12 AM made me stared at the date in my phone for a whole one minute.

25th August

Officially, it has become only two days before the wedding of Jeon Jungkook and my step sister, Im Nayeon. It is really great that their big day is coming but I did not know why I got distracted so much until I could not get a good sleep since three days ago. The day I slapped him for entering my house without permission.

Since that incident, he never appeared in front of me anymore. Not until this evening.

❤❤❤

Flashback...

I was pretending to be busy at the counter when Namjoon came to the bakery to talk with me. I could expect what he wanted to say. He will say the same thing like Lisa, Jackson, Yeji, Somi, Jisoo, Seokjin, Jungkook's mom and everyone else. They want me to stop Jungkook from marrying Nayeon.

And me, being the hard headed girl did not listen to them at all.

"Chaeyoung-ah, his phone...you still have it, right?", his first sentence after 'hello' was a question. Quite unexpected but I tried to keep a poker face as I looked at him while shaking my head.

"I've thrown it away. The garbage truck..."

"The garbage truck took it away when...a week ago. Has it been a week ago? Yeah, you said that to Jungkook but I know you're lying, Chaeyoung.", he cut me off while I was cleaning the dust under the table of the cash register.

"No, I'm not.", you cannot read me like Lisa, I added in my heart.

He rolled his eyes before he looked at me trying to make me feel intimidated with him.

"What? If you don't believe me, go to my place and search for it like him if you want.", I dared to say that to him even though I was a little worried if he really will do as I say.

Now, Namjoon sighed in response.

"Okay, I will not do that.", he said making me relieved to hear it. "But I have a question to ask you.", he added.

"What else, oppa?", I asked while sounding uninterested to talk with him any longer.

"By any chance...do you know Jinyoung's phone number?", I frowned at the question he asked me.

"Jinyoung?", I mouthed as I try to remember that name.

Namjoon nodded before telling me, "Park Jinyoung, Nayeon's boyfriend."