18: She's With Him

And I have to be honest with you baby
Tell me If I'm wrong, and this is crazy
But I got you this rose
And I need to know
Will you let it die or let it grow?

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I was doing the dishes when Yeji told me that my phone is ringing on the table. I asked her to bring it to me before she said the name on the screen which made me excited. I told Yeji to answer it and put the phone to my ear but the ringing sound stopped when she reached me.

"Oh...I'm sorry..", Yeji said as she gave me my phone while I dry my hands on the hand wipe cloth.

"It's okay. Thanks.", I replied as I took my phone and about to call back before I see Mrs Lee's name on the notification.

🗨 Mrs Lee: Good morning, Chaeyoung. I'm sorry if I disturb you this early. I want to ask you something, did you and Jungkook had a fight, my dear?

I read the message repeatedly before remembering what happened between me and Jungkook last weekend. The incident when he was at my house. He said he loved me because I said it first but I clearly did not remember it. I did not want to remember it.

Me: Good morning, Mrs Lee. No, ma'am. We didn't have a fight, just a little bickering only usually. 😬 Why do you ask, ma'am? 🗨

I sent the message to her and hoped not to hear a reply so quick from her for now. It is not that I hate her but I hate to talk about what happened between me and Jungkook to her. Hopefully she did not think too seriously about us.

🗨 Mrs Lee: Oh, he must be always teasing you. I'm sorry if I sounded worried about you two. It's just weird that this morning I said your name to him, he seemed to be sad or in a bad mood. Maybe he missed you. He hasn't seen you for a week, right? Did you two contact each other this week?

Whoa, does she really thought something is going on between me and Jungkook?! No way, how far did Jungkook told her about us? She seemed to be seriously wanting us to be together.

Me: No, ma'am. The bakery's been pretty busy this week. I didn't have the time to contact anyone yet. 😅 Plus, Jungkook himself didn't contact me too. 🗨

I didn't lie. I didn't contact anyone other than my parents this week. Jungkook? There is no way I will contact him. He said something foolish that made us awkward to each other. I am sure he told his mom to inform me that he did not come for work this whole week because of that incident too.

He is acting a coward to me for not coming to the bakery this week. But, it also did not bother me much. He can do anything he wants, he can choose to work at the bakery or the big company, J Corp anytime he wants. I don't care.

🗨 Mrs Lee: Oh, my bad. He must've been too busy at the office. I'll talk to him to contact you, okay?

"No, Mrs Lee. It's...", I stopped when I see the name on my phone screen. The name that got me excited earlier. He called back. "Hey, I'm sorry I was doing the dishes earlier.", I said as I answered his call.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I was busy playing a game on my phone when my mom patted my shoulder from behind. Then, she went to sit beside me at the sofa and looked at what I am doing.

"Playing, seriously?", she said as I can feel she was staring at me.

"Why, eomma? It's weekend. Can't I play some games on a day like this?", I asked while focusing on my game. "Don't you like me staying home? Or you like me go out and date with girls?", I said in a joking manner just to get her annoyed with me.