9: He's Got An Idea

Your falling, long, straight hair is so pretty
Your shy eye smile, the look on your face
When you space out
It all looks so pretty to me, it makes my heart tremble
Why did you come now? You're my type

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I checked myself for the last time before I go out to the bakery today. I did not go to the office since there is no important schedule for me to attend to. So, here I am to do what I have planned with my mom the other day I visited her at her house. When I wanted to open the car door, I felt my phone vibrating so I take a look at it.

🗨 Eomma: Good luck, Jungkook-ah. I really hope you two could get to know each other nicely.

Me: Thanks, eomma. I'm sure today will be the start of it. I really want to get to know her too. 🗨

I smiled as I sent the message remembering how I asked for mom to help me to get close with Chaeyoung. I asked her if the bakery have enough staff already and she said that she was thinking of hiring new staffs since they are getting a lot more customers now at that branch.

Then, I asked if she can make me become a part timer and there it is. She knew my intention and was supportive to help me. Well, it was her own idea at first to make me friends with Chaeyoung. So, why not I go along with it and be obvious that I really do want to get close with her? I do not see anything wrong with it.

When I got in the bakery, I walked up straight to the counter and greeted her keenly. "Hello, I'm here as the part timer staff! Good morning, Ms Park!", I said as I made a salutation gesture at her who is busy arranging the cakes at the display chiller.

Her head rose up as she heard me speaking and stepped to the counter to greet me back.

"Oh, you're already here.", she said before she looked down on her watch.

"You're on time. Mrs Lee talked to me about you but...she didn't tell me your name. She only said Mr Lee. So...you are...Lee...?", she said as she looked back at me who wears a white hoodie which covered my face that made her probably did not recognize me.

After she is done speaking, I opened the hoodie that covered my face and showed her my gummy smile.

"Hi, I'm not Mr Lee but my eomma is Mrs Lee. I'm her son, Jeon Jungkook.", I said to her who looked a bit surprised to see me.

"You...Jungkook?!", she said as she pointed at me. I nodded to her as I fixed my black beanie that I wear.

"Don't be so surprised. I'm here as your staff. When can I start working, Ms Park?", I said as I headed to the door to the kitchen.

She quickly blocked my way and pointed her cute forefinger in front of my face again.

"Really? Using your mom to get your way in here?", she said to me. I felt a bit offended with it but I tried to be calm.

"I'm not using her. Actually, she is using me. Opps! No, not like that. I mean she's the one who wanted me to get to know you, Chaeyoung. So, I think whatever she has planned for us, I'd just go along with it. If not, doesn't it sound like I'll offend her? My own mom.", I said before showing her my pouty face.

She looked taken aback with my words. She could just put her hand down from pointing at me before sighing.

"Fine. Try to help whatever you can at the back. I'll be taking care of the front.", she said before she turned around and went to the counter.

I smiled at her defeated look but then, I thought of something.

"Chaeyoung-ssi...where...can I get my apron?", I asked as I stood behind her.