35: He's the Loverboy

I wanna slow dance if you feeling me now
If we don't hold hands you'll be killing me now
I need a romance, one chance
I just wanna know, will you slow dance?

Jeon Jungkook's POV

It has been two weeks since I got back from Sydney and officially dating Chaeyoung. Everyone at the bakery knew about us just a week after we got together as I obviously did not hide how I love their manager. Even though Chaeyoung told me to behave and not showing any public display of affection, sometimes I forgot she ever said that to me.

It was Jackson who found out about us first. But, I cannot blame myself 100% for that. I just kissed her in the car before we separate ways on Monday morning. He sure had an eagle eye to witness what we did in the car. I told her to blame him and she definitely did not talk to him for the whole day after he told the others about us.

I had to tell her to forgive him the next day as he was worried of getting a salary deduction for interfering in her love life. Because of that, Chaeyoung warned me to not get close to her and keep a distance of 1 meter away from her at the bakery. I found it funny but I did as she told. Stay 1 meter away from her.

"Hey, baby.", I surprised her as I looked at her who just got out of the toilet from the far end of the kitchen area.

She looked around and found no one else other than us there.

"What are you doing here?", she asked as she put on her apron back.

"I got nothing to do at home. So, here I am waiting for you to get off from work so I can take you out for dinner with me.", I smiled as I went to the fridge to get a water to drink.

I saw Chaeyoung looking at her watch before walking close to where I am.

"What do you want to drink? I'll make it for you.", she said as she tried to take the bottle from my hand.

I pulled the bottle to my back and said that it is okay, "It's okay. This is enough. When will you get off work?"

She sighed, "I'll be the one closing the bakery today. Jackson will not be here tomorrow too so that left me alone having the keys. I'm sorry, no dinner today."

I made an 'O' before I nodded to an idea that just came into my mind, "It's alright. I'll help you here and we'll close the bakery together, okay?"

She shook her head at the idea.

"Today's not the day you work here. Go to the front if you want to wait for me.", she said as she pushed me gently to where the door is.

I held her arm to stop and told her I will go after I have a drink. She nodded and left me to go to the oven checking the cake she baked. After I had the cold water and put the bottle back in the fridge, I went to the door but I stopped when I saw someone out there.

"Chaeyoung...", I called before I turned around to see her taking out the cake from the oven. "Your sister is outside.", I told her as I sat down to the chair opposite where she is standing at.

Her eyes widened at what I told her. "Unnie? She didn't say anything about coming here.", she said before she went to the door to look by herself. "I'll go greet her first, okay? Please take care of my cake.", she said before leaving me alone here.

She knew I did not like to see Nayeon because we might be arguing since we did not have a proper breakup. It was not like I am a coward to face Nayeon but seeing her made me feel angry. It is like she has a hidden agenda to appear back after nine years of leaving me.