60: He Forgets

How long will I be waiting
To be with you again
Gonna tell you that I love you
In the best way that I can
I can't take a day without you here
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I tried to relax while I watched Jungkook having his breakfast in front of me. I could not swallow half of the pancake he made after he told me that he will have to leave for a business trip with Seokjin for a week. Plus, the trip is an overseas trip which is in Australia. He will leave me for a week to go to Australia.

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?", Hyeri who was sitting next to me having breakfast with us asked me.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine.", I replied with a little smile for her.

She eyed me with concern before she called Jungkook. "I think someone is sad to know that you'll be leaving her alone.", she said before I mouthed 'unnie' while making a cross with my hands under the table. She giggled while Jungkook stopped drinking his chocolate milk as he looked up to see my face.

"Oh...I'm so sorry, Chaeyoung. It was sudden so I didn't have the time to tell you much earlier. But, I promise you I'll make it up to you. Okay?", he said to me but I told him it is okay.

"You sure?", Hyeri's question made me almost hit her but I tried to stay calm.

"Jungkook, come here.", I ignored the question as I asked Jungkook to move forward closer to me. He did not move so Hyeri told him that I want to give him a goodbye kiss so he should just listen to what I want.

"Unnie!!", I shouted making Jungkook flinched a bit while Hyeri just stepped away from me so I could not reach her. "Jungkook, please don't listen to Hyeri unnie.", I quickly told him as I pouted with Hyeri for teasing me in front of Jungkook.

Right after that, Jungkook really moved forward so that his face got closer to mine. I could not move back but I quickly wiped his mouth with the tissue before he leaned even closer to me.

"You drink like a kid. Now, step back.", I said as I pushed him away from me.

He eventually stepped back and sat on his chair again with a smile on his face.

"What are you smiling for?", I asked him as I felt someone came back to sit next to me.

"Nothing.", a short answer was given but I demanded to know the reason behind that smile of his.

He just continued to smile making me annoyed with him before I called his full name in a serious tone. He stopped smiling and went on to take the last bite of his pancake instead. I looked at him curiously as I tried to continue eating my own pancake.

"I smile for you in case you will miss me.", his sudden statement made my mouth stopped functioning. The pancake I bite was ignored at the right side of my mouth. It made my cheek looked like a chipmunk's but I ignored it.

"Gosh, Jungkook. I thought you won't go along with me teasing your girlfriend.", Hyeri put up her right hand and the two slapped each other's palms before chuckling at my frozen state.

Looking at their reaction made me realized that they just ridiculed me.

"Yah, Jungkook...you're teasing me too?", I asked as I balled a fist as if I am ready to punch him but I won't. He knew I won't do that to him.

"I'm not but your reaction...it's cute. I like to see you suddenly stopped moving just because of my words.", he replied before he touched my fist slowly putting it down on the table. "Please don't be angry with me, Chae. I'm leaving, I don't want to leave you knowing I made you angry.", he said as I pulled my hand and told him I was not angry with him. "If you're not angry, can you smile for me?", he asked me as I continued chewing while Hyeri excused herself to give us some privacy.

Jungkook face palmed himself before he asked if I am done eating my pancake. I took my last bite and he took my plate to wash on the sink. Right after he was done washing the plates, he walked to me and pushed my wheelchair to the front.

Hyeri was outside at the balcony while we stopped at the front door. Jungkook checked himself for the last time in front of me before he pulled his suitcase beside him. He will go straight to the airport after work today. Just seeing his suitcase beside him made me feel a bit sad to see him leave.

"Chaeyoung...", he called as he bent a little to match his face level with mine. "I love you. Even though I don't know how I love you before...I hope you can love the present me. Please wait for me, okay? I promise I'll make it up to you for the past and be better for the future.", he told me as he cupped my face with his both hands.

I slowly pushed his hands and blinked with water in my eyes.

"Yah, what's with these kind of words?", I said as it sounded sad but meaningful at the same time.

He just responded with a smile before he stood straight again while patting my head softly.

"I never said I love you since I stayed here, right? And you must've thought I'm here because of guilt for making you got into that accident. But, now I think I really do love you. I can feel it. That's why I'm saying it now. I love you, Chaeyoung. You can wait for me, right?", he said to me as I watched him confusedly.

"It's just a week...of course I'll wait for you, Kookie.", I replied as I held the tears from falling.

"Good to hear that. I'll see you next week, Chae.", he bent down again giving me a warm hug before he let go. "Hyeri noona, I'm going! Take care of Chaeyoung for me, okay?", he went on to tell Hyeri as I heard her footsteps coming to us.

Once she stood behind my wheelchair, Jungkook stepped back and grabbed his suitcase. He waved goodbye to us before he opened the door but I stopped him from moving.

"Call me when you're there and text me when you're free.", I reminded him in which he just nodded back with a final waving towards me.

❤❤❤

It had been two days since Jungkook left for his business trip in Australia. I got worried of him for he never text or call me at all. I wondered if he was too busy there that he forgot to contact me.

Even when I tried to call him or text him, I never got a respond from him. Just for today, I have sent him five messages. One was at 4 AM when I woke up because it was 6 AM in Australia, I guessed he must have woke up at that time. Another was at 6 AM, I wished him to have a good day at work. The latest I sent was just now at 6 PM.

Me: Hey, Kookie. Is your work done? Can we talk? I miss you. 🗨

There was no reply. I scrolled up to the older messages.

Me: Hi, Jungkook. I know you're busy there but don't forget to have your lunch, okay? I love you. 🗨

I scrolled to last night's message.

Me: Jungkookie, are you asleep? I just brushed my teeth. I miss you here sleeping beside me. But, don't worry. I'm not alone. Hyeri unnie took your place tonight. Hope to hear your voice soon. Love you. Good night, Jungkook. 🗨

None of them got a reply from him. He worried me so much. How are you doing, Kookie? It's only two days have passed but I have started to miss him like crazy. Hopefully everything is alright for him there.

❤❤❤

A whole Chaeyoung's POV here. 😅

🤗🤗