17: He's With Her

Love is painful, although love is painful
I repeat it like a fool, that's what I always do
But pain is beautiful, It's same as you

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I kept looking at Chaeyoung's sleeping face as I tried to stay awake since the sun has started to rise. I did not get to sleep at all last night after what I heard from Chaeyoung. She might not remember what she said but I clearly remember it.

That eight letters she said lingered on my mind for the whole night. It made me think if I should tell her what she said when she wakes up or not. It also made me think if I will hear it again after last night.

When my eyes almost closed, I felt her hand moving pulling my hand close to herself. I opened my eyes back and she also opened her eyes as I see it. But, her eyes went wide when she looked at what was on her hand that she held so tight to. She pushed it away when she saw me on her right making me groaned in pain a little.

"Jungkook!! What are you doing in my room?!", she asked as she got up and moved further away from me.

I stood up slowly and almost fell back before I leaned my hand on the wall.

"I didn't do anything. You were the one who asked me to accompany you.", I told her as I rubbed my left eye trying to stay awake despite my whole body feeling weak already.

"What? Seriously?", she asked as she looked around.

I stretched my hands to the air before slapping my cheeks to keep me aware of my surrounding.

"I'm serious, Chae. Try to recall what you did last night. We went to a bar, Chaeyoung.", I said to her who sniffed her own breathe that could be filled with alcohol smell.

Her face when she smelled it showed everything. She was drunk, she knew it.

"I was drunk. Okay. Then, why are you here until now?", she asked with her glare that I am getting used to already.

If for the first time it was quite deathly, now it was not like that anymore. That glare she gives now looks cute to me.

"You don't remember, is it?", I asked purposely to see if she could remember what she did last night.

Especially what she said to me. She shook her head as she said that she only remembered that I brought her home and did not know what else happened. I nodded and explained it to her in detail but not to that very last detail.

"That's why you stayed. O...kay.", that was all she replied after I told her how she was scared of the thunder last night.

"Can I ask you a question?", I asked.

"What?", she replied back as she got down of the bed and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Are you scared of the thunder sound?", I questioned her.

"No, maybe it's because I was drunk so I got scared.", she quickly replied while walking to the bathroom.

I looked at her without moving and sat down on the bed as my body was feeling sore of sitting for almost a whole night. It made me feel tired even though I did not do anything other than sitting and watching her.

When she came out of the bathroom with her wet face being dried by a towel on her hand, she stopped in front of it as she saw me.

"Why are you sitting there? Go out, Jeon Jungkook.", she said as she pointed to the door.

"I'm sorry. Can I get some sleep before you continue to scold me? I couldn't sleep last night because of you, Chaeyoung.", I replied.

"No!", she said as she grabbed my arm to make me move.