55: He Will

You can break my heart in two
But when it heals, it beats for you
I know it's forward, but it's true
Won't lie, I'd go back to you

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I took another glance at the clock on the wall when it has passed 20 minutes from the time my parents promised to fetch me home. I have already changed into my own clothes with the help of one of the nurses since an hour ago. But, I still have not got any message or call from either one of them.

"Are they caught in the traffic?", I mumbled as I reached for my phone that I put beside me on the bed.

I looked for their phone numbers before someone knocked on the door.

"Eomma?", I said as I was expecting her and dad at the moment.

Then, the door is opened and someone I did not expect walked in with a smile on his face.

"Annyeong.", he greeted me as he stopped beside my bed.

I tried to look away from his eyes.

"What are you doing here?", I asked him with an indifferent tone.

"I came to fetch you.", I regretted asking him that question when he answered so casually like that. "I met your parents and they allowed me to bring you home, Chaeyoung.", he added as I heard something moving beside the bed I am lying on.

Then, I felt a pair of hands slipping behind my body and I was lifted from the bed in an instant. "Yah, put me down!", I shouted as my right leg was flailing in the air and my hands trying to hit his torso. "Yah, Jungkook!!", I yelled his name out before he put me down on the wheelchair.

Then, he looked around before going to take my bag at the table on the other side of the bed. I stared at him until he approached me back. His innocent face made me feel annoyed with him.

"Is there anything else other than this bag I need to bring with us?", he asked me.

"What do you mean 'us'? I'm not going anywhere with you.", I replied coldly to him. Honestly, I did not like to see him here. Not when I am unable to move around by myself. He must be looking at me with pity and I hate it.

"But your parents are waiting for you at home. Are you sure you don't want to go yet?", he asked me making me feel a bit guilty knowing I am making my parents wait for me.

I looked at him who is looking at his watch before I said to him, "Are you really going to take me to my parents? I don't trust you and I need to ask them first."

He nodded, "Go on, give them a call before we go."

Right after that, my phone vibrated. There is a new message from my dad.

🗨 Appa: Chaeyoung, Jungkook will take you home from the hospital. Go with him, okay? We will wait for you at home.

I sighed at the content of the message. So, Jungkook told the truth then. He met my parents to ask for permission to bring me home. Why is he doing this? Has he got his memory back?

"You don't want to call them?", he interrupted me from my thoughts.

"It's okay. My dad just told me about you.", I told him as I looked elsewhere with a pout on my face.

"Shall we go?", he asked me as he walked to the back of the wheelchair but I ignored him.

"Chaeyoung?", I was taken aback when I heard his voice just beside my right ear.

If not because of the cervical collar on my neck, I would have turn around and give him a death glare for surprising me that way.

"Can we go now?", he asked again, hoping for me to give an answer before we can actually leave.