53: Need Him

Each moment, baby, I want you
Today and tomorrow
My answer is you
I love you

Park Chaeyoung's POV

As I opened my eyes, I looked at the left and right a few times trying to see where I am and recognize the people with me. I knew where I am. A hospital. I knew who are here with me. My parents, Lisa and Jisoo.

"Chaeyoung, my dear..." my mom said as my eyes slowly moved to look at her who is standing on my right.

"Eo..uh...eomma...", I had a trouble to speak as I felt my throat is dry.

"Chae, hey. Don't talk yet, drink some water first.", my dad who was standing next to my mom lifted the upper side of the bed so that I can lean my back comfortably to drink.

At that time, I saw myself. I was shocked to look at my leg. My left leg was in a cast while my right leg...I cannot feel it moving. Then, I felt slow movements on my head and realized I have a cervical collar on my neck. Not to forget, I can feel something wrapped around my head. It must be a bandage there.

"Chaeyoung, why are you crying?", Lisa who was on my right side asked as she saw my tears. I did not even realized that I was crying.

They all had a worried look on their faces as my mom helped me to drink. After I swallowed down the water, I moved my hand and wiped the tears away. I closed my eyes for a second feeling relieved that my hands are still functioning like usual.

"I...I..can't feel...m..my legs.", I tried to talk even though it was still hard for me to do so.

Everyone seemed to be sad after what I said.

"The doctor said that your left leg will be a bit sore and you can move it sometime later. Just your right leg...will take more time to heal, Chaeyoung.", Jisoo told me but I did not know how to react to that.

"How...long?", I asked back.

"Probably six or eight months.", Jisoo replied making me shed a tear again. "Chaeyoung, don't worry. The doctor said you can walk after you go through the physiotherapy..", Jisoo explained to me but my mind had gone to think of that eight months to come.

As I was thinking of tomorrow and the days after tomorrow, Lisa excused herself to go out as she also seemed to be tearing up. Jisoo followed to go out and check on her leaving me just with my parents.

"Chae, don't cry like this. We're here with you.", my mom tried to comfort me as she came closer and kissed the top of my head.

However, her words only made me cry more.

"Chaeyoung...", she called my name as she wiped my tears with her sleeve.

"Eomma...I...will burden you and appa...I..I'm sorry..", I said as I knew that if I will have to stay at the hospital for a long time, they will come here to take care of me. I will burden them too if I got discharged. Surely I will need help to move around and do things. Especially work, I do not know what to do about my work now. I cannot think about it.

"Chaeyoung, don't say that. You're not a burden to us. You're our daughter and it's our responsibility to take care of you.", my dad told me making me felt touched of it. He may be my step father but he treats me just like I am his own. Thinking of that, I remembered my sister.

I remembered looking at her this morning walking down the aisle with dad. Where is she now? And Jungkook?

"Appa...where is...Nayeon unnie?", I asked him.

Both my mom and dad looked at each other before they turned to see me.

"She...and Jungkook didn't get married, Chaeyoung. She left the hall with Jinyoung, meeting his parents.", my dad told me.