10: She's Heartless

I told you many qualifications ’bout my MISS RIGHT
But why you’re my MISS RIGHT is... you are...
Just you

Park Chaeyoung's POV

"Just put it there. I'll eat it later.", I said before I go to the front.

That is how I always do it whenever Jungkook bought foods for all of us at the bakery. He has been doing it since the second day he came here as a part timer. Now, he is here for almost a month but he only comes on Tuesday till Thursday. Unlike the first two weeks when he came from Monday to Thursday.

I guess he has slowly giving up on doing the job here. I admit that not many people love what we do. Especially a guy like him, a rich and spoilt man who will take over his father's place as the Jeon Corporation's CEO. There is no way he can handle the work here because the surrounding is totally different from his office.

When I was busy with the customers that are paying for their food, I realized that Jungkook is standing behind me doing something. Probably just trying to look busy while I am busy with the customers at the counter. Once the customer is leaving, I can see Jungkook's silhouette turning around looking at me.

"What do you want, Jungkook?", I asked while staring at him who stepped forward to stand beside me.

"The others have eaten their lunch. I..."

"I'll eat later if that's what you're going to ask me.", I stopped him with my quick answer. Then, I heard a chuckle from him so I stared at him before rolling my eyes in annoyance. "What's funny?", I asked.

He stopped chuckling and cleared his throat before answering, "I was going to say that only me...and you haven't eaten yet. Today I bought kimchi stew for us. Let's eat together later."

Before I could reply to him, Somi came to us and told us to go eat at the back. "I'm not hungry yet. Jungkook can eat first if he's already hungry.", I said, still trying to avoid eating with Jungkook. He always asked me to join him eating but I never do it. Even if he bought my favourite food, I will only eat after he has eaten his food.

He always waited for me but I did not care until he got too hungry and gave up of waiting. Today will be the same too, he will give up of waiting for me. Sometimes I pity him but who told him to wait for me. I will not easily fall into his trap, not even once.

❤❤❤

An hour later...

Jeon Jungkook's POV

My stomach has been growling for the nth time, I lost count how many times already. From the back, I sat down on the chair which I put at a location where I can see Chaeyoung through the small window. She looked so into her work and did not even show any sign of being tired or hungry.

Is she really that dedicated of her work here? Or...is she really that despised with me? Just what did I do to her until she despises me? I guess I haven't done anything bad to her yet.

"Jungkook-ssi?", I heard someone called my name.

I hummed in response as I turned to the person calling me, Yeji.

"Are you still waiting for Ms Park? I've heard your stomach growling for almost hundreds of times now.", she said while pointing at my tummy. I laughed at her before saying that she exaggerated it. "It hasn't been hundredth yet, Yeji-ssi.", I said as I rubbed the back of my hair.

"Just give up, Jungkook. She's not going to eat until you eat first.", Lisa suddenly came into our conversation.

I looked at her and walked near her who is washing the plates at the sink. "Aren't you supposed to support and help me to win Chaeyoung's heart, Lisa?", I asked in whisper and grinned at her.

The girl beside me stopped what she was doing and turned to look at me slowly. "I'm trying. But, I think you know Chaeyoung by now. She's stubborn, Jungkook. Tell me, has you ever get even one chance to eat together with her? No, right? Even though I've told you her favourite food.", Lisa replied in a low voice too.

I put my hands on the countertop beside the sink before supporting my head with them looking down.

"When will she give her attention to me? Did I do something wrong to her that she didn't care even a bit about me?", I uttered out without thinking through. "Oh, Jeon Jungkook. You're a playboy, she doesn't trust you. That's all my conclusion is.", Lisa said.

"Well, that was before. Can't she see how I am now? I only see her but she's so heartless. Always ignoring me.", I keep complaining as I watched Lisa washing the plates. I can hear Lisa laughing at me after what I said just now.

"That sounds so sad. Come on, Jungkook. You were a playboy. Aren't there any skills that you have that can melt her heart even a bit?", she asked.

I eyed her before I thought of something. I thought of what Jin hyung told me before. Touch her heart, try to understand her and be honest with her. How exactly do I do all of these? I should have asked for an example from Jin hyung. Now, I am stuck with this method of buying Chaeyoung her favourite food and it did not even go anywhere good for me.

From the first day until a month now, all my plans were failures even though I got nearer with her. I learned from Lisa about her likes and dislikes but it did not seem to be so helpful. When I buy her her favourite food, she eats alone at later time. When I tried baking a cake, everyone tasted and liked except her. She just nodded before going to the front. I can almost remember how she reacts towards my every actions.

While I was thinking of her, I felt a pat on my shoulder and I saw Jackson beside me. Lisa is nowhere near me anymore. I did not realized that she has done with her chore at the sink.

"Your phone's ringing. Don't want to pick it up?", he asked as he pointed at my pants.

I quickly took out my phone and saw the name on the screen. "Jin hyung?", I said as I answered his call.

"Yah, Jungkook! What are you doing?! Me and Jieun tried to call you several times!", he shouted at the other end.

I had to turn the volume down a bit before I speak again to him. I asked why did he and Jieun looked for me at that hour. I have asked him to take care of my work at the office while I am at the bakery. He, who is currently waiting to get a job offer agreed to it right after I told him my plan of chasing Chaeyoung.

When he told me the reason he called, my eyes went wide feeling disturbed with his answer. "Oh, hyung. Okay, I'll come right now.", I said before I ended the call and looked at the clock on the wall. I almost swear out before I realize I am not alone.

"I need to go.", I said as I patted Jackson's shoulder back while opening my apron as I walked to the door connecting the back and the front of the bakery.

When I want to pull the doorknob, the door is opened from outside knocking my head a bit. "Oh, I'm...sorry.", I heard Chaeyoung's voice. "It's okay. I...I need to go out for a while, Chaeyoung. But, I'll come back. I promise.", I said not even reacting to the door hitting my head earlier.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

He went out without waiting for me to allow him to leave. I tried to call his name but I stopped halfway through when I see how rushing he looked to be. Is there an emergency thing comes up that he does not even care to wait for me to speak?

Probably just another angry young lady warned him of something. Well, that could be it. I should not care much about him now. What I care is my super empty stomach which is calling for me to fill it. Thank goodness he leaves now, I can eat without worrying of him to come and pester me while I eat.

❤❤❤

Chaeyoung keeps being cold with Jungkook. Will he give up on her or try some other way to win her heart? We'll find out in further updates.

🤗🤗