64: He's Good Enough

We let the waters rise
We drifted to survive
I needed you to stay
But I let you drift away
My love, where are you

Jeon Jungkook's POV

The stars in the sky accompanied me as I was thinking of my decision. Early in the morning today, I just saw Chaeyoung's Instagram story update. She posted the invitation card to Nayeon and Jinyoung's wedding which will be held tomorrow.

There was no other words attached on the post but I can feel that she is directing it to me. So, now I was thinking...should I tell her that I cannot go with her...or just ignore it like how I have been ignoring her messages before this. Both of the choices are stupid, I know.

"Argh...why haven't you give up on me, Chaeyoung?", I muttered in frustration.

Then, I opened my arms wide as I was lying on the sand and started to move them up and down making a sand angel.

"You're such an angel...", I said as I looked up to the sky before I closed my eyes.

It was a pretty chilly autumn night but I love it. My mom would be angry with me if she knows I stay out in this kind of weather. I remembered how she scolded me when I came here with Jimin when we were kids. She did not allow me to play with him for a week.

"Jungkook...", I was smiling at the old memory when I heard someone calling my name.

But, I kept my eyes closed because I thought I was just imagining things. There was no one else here when I came half an hour ago.

"Are you sleeping?", that question made me opened my eyes and I saw a face that I was not expecting to see here.

Because of that, I turned around and quickly stood up while blinking my eyes a few times out of shock.

"Hey...", the person I was avoiding is finally here right in front of me smiling.

"Chae...Chaeyoung....", I had no words coming out from my mouth. Is this a dream? Let me just slap myself if it is.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

It was quite tiring for me to run away from the hospital with the crutches and came here all the way from Seoul. But I was glad I listened to Jimin when he came to see me at the hospital. He told me the right destination in Busan to find Jungkook.

"Hey...", I smiled as I saw him standing right in front of me.

"Chae...Chaeyoung....", he spoke up before he slowly slapped his own right cheek.

I chuckled at what he is doing before I told him that he was not dreaming.

"Wh..what are you doing here, Chaeyoung?", he asked me.

"I...I want to talk with you.", I said as I tried to keep my balance to stand with the crutches supporting myself.

I did not care if Jungkook is going to think I am being impatient. What I care is just to fix our relationship. That is all in my mind when I decided to come here from Seoul.

"Talk with me?", he seemed to be still in shock. I nodded quietly before he looked behind me. "Wait, how...did you get here?", he asked as he looked at me from top to bottom. He must be wondering how I could come here without a wheelchair and just using crutches to walk.

"I took a taxi all the way from Seoul.", I told him.

"Oh...you...can walk already?", he asked me as he looked at the crutches on my hands.