57: She Will

My person
My heartbeat
My slow dance
My Sunday morning sippin' on coffee
In bed

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I was watching the rerun of Runningman when Jungkook got out of my room wearing a black suit appeared in front of me. I heard Hyeri's voice asking him if he is going to leave while I questioned in my head where was he going to. He did not tell me that he has somewhere to go today.

"How do I look? Chaeyoung?", his question as he made a turn in front of me made me looking at him with a frown.

"Where are you going?", I replied without answering him.

Then, he asked me back if he did not tell me yet that he will go to J Corp today.

"You didn't tell me anything about J Corp.", I told him as he sat next to me before Hyeri came sitting on my left side with a tray of sandwiches in her hands.

"Oh, I guess I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry, Chaeyoung-ah. It's my dad. He asked me to go and try to start working again. With Jin hyung's help, of course.", he said before he asked for one of the sandwiches to eat.

"You can go, Jungkook. I'll take care of Chaeyoung here for you. You don't have to worry about anything.", Hyeri said to him as I watched him eating the sandwich ravenously.

When he nodded to her, he suddenly started coughing but my hand could not reach his back. Hyeri went to him and patted his back for me.

"Jungkook, you should eat slowly. Now, look at you..", I scolded him before Hyeri shook her head telling me not to scold him.

When he is stable, he drank the whole chocolate milk in one go before he stood up.

"I have to go. I don't want to be late for my first day. Chaeyoung, if you need me to buy anything for you, just tell me. I'll get them for you, okay?", he said as he took my phone on the table and put it on my lap.

"Okay, good luck.", I replied as I saw him forming a smile at my wish.

"Thanks. See you later. Ms Lee, take care of Chaeyoung. I'll make a move first.", he said to us before he walked to the door leaving us.

Hyeri went back to sit next to me and gave me a sandwich to eat. I thanked her and started to eat it as I continued to watch the TV laughing at the Runningman member being scared of height when he needed to walk on an air bridge. I was laughing at it as if I have not watched it before.

"Chaeyoung-ah?", suddenly Hyeri called my name so I stopped laughing and tried to focus on her. "I know I never asked you this but...why you seem to treat Jungkook coldly? I mean...the way you talk to him sounds cold to me. He said he's your boyfriend and he has amnesia but he still wants to take care of you.", her question made me a bit taken aback.

She was right. She never asked that question before.

"Actually I don't like to burden anyone. And he volunteering himself to take care of me...I don't want that from him. Especially when he has amnesia. He doesn't know me, he doesn't remember me, it's actually still hard for me to accept the fact that he doesn't remember a thing about us.", I told her why I acted cold with Jungkook.

"But he wanted to do it because he hopes that he will remember something about you two. You shouldn't act cold with him. He needs your help, Chaeyoung.", Hyeri replied.

"It would've been easier if I didn't get into that accident. Now that I'm like this, I feel useless and helpless to everyone including him. Maybe I...maybe I just hate to let him see me in this condition. That's why I'm being cold with him.", I told her as I tried not to shed a tear at my own words.