11: He's Heartless

When the moon is gone
And the sun rises
The one who has been with me
Will you be gone?

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I should have gone home at 7 as I usually do but I ended up staying a little longer tonight. There are not many customers at night and usually they can take care of the shop without me. But today, I stayed with them for a little longer as I was waiting for Jungkook to come back.

He said that he will be back but it is already night time and he has not yet come back. It is not that I am worried about him but I thought about the food he bought actually. I wondered if he still wants to eat it because I have put it into the fridge after he left.

But, I cannot let it be stored in there for a long time. The fridge in the kitchen is used only for the bakery's goods and not for other kind of foods. So, I am having a deep thought whether I should just throw away the kimchi stew or let it be until tomorrow morning in the fridge.

"Chaeyoung, are you going to wait for Jungkook to come? I told you it's fine. I'll tell him about his kimchi stew later.", Lisa said to me as she brought a tray full of dirty dishes to the sink.

"I will be here till 9. If he doesn't come, then I'll throw out that kimchi stew.", I answered as I briefly peeked on my watch that showed the time is 8.45 pm at the moment. "Okay, whatever you say. I'll be in front if you need me.", Lisa said before she vanished from the kitchen leaving me alone.

I briefly looked at my watch and nodded. "Within this 15 minutes, I'll leave.", I said to myself.

Then, I heard the sound of the door being opened making me to look at who is entering the kitchen now. "Hi, Chaeyoung.", Jungkook smiled briefly before taking a seat next to me. I glared at him without replying anything as I watched him doing something with his phone.

It seemed like he was turning off the phone as he put it on the table and sighed. "Your kimchi stew is in the fridge.", I told him before I went to the sink to wash the dishes in there.

After I am done washing everything, I saw Jungkook still on the chair with his face facing down to the plain white table. He made me curious of him so I slowly walked towards him to see what he was actually doing. Did he fell asleep? If yes, that is the weirdest sleeping posture ever.

"Jungkook?", I called him as I stood next to him. He hummed in response but he kept his face down. "You...your food is still here. I didn't throw it out yet.", I said as I thought he might be sad that I throw the food he bought into the dustbin. Again, he hummed only before I heard his stomach growling.

"You hungry? I...I'll heat up the stew.", I said as I headed to the fridge and took out the kimchi stew he left this late afternoon. Then, I went to the stove and started to heat it up there. Once a while, I checked on Jungkook and he stayed in the same position. What is in his mind though? He looked stressed out.

Jeon Jungkook's POV

The smell of the heated up kimchi stew really got me attracted to it. However, the thing that messed up in my head still bothering me. I wonder if my eyes can hold on longer to keep all my tears to myself.

I should not have come back to the bakery but here I am. Back to the bakery with my messed up head.

"Jungkook. Hey...your stomach is making a lot of sounds. Eat up, fill it.", Chaeyoung said to me. "Whatever your problem is, you can't hurt yourself like this. Eat this, Jungkook.", she continued as I felt her hand patting my shoulder. I smiled before I slowly looked up to her.

"You care about me, do you?", I asked as I took the chopsticks beside the bowl of kimchi stew.

"I care about the staff here. You're one of them so...", she said as she sat next to me.