56: Take Care of Her

You're the right time at the right moment
You're the sunlight, keeps my heart going
Know when I'm with you, I can't keep myself from falling
Right time at the right moment
It's you

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I walked back and forth nervously as I waited for Chaeyoung to be done with her business in the bathroom. She had been in there for almost 15 minutes after I brought her in there but she still did not say a thing to me. I told her to call me when she is done so that I can help her to get out of there.

"Chaeyoung? Are you done?", I asked as I talked to the locked door.

"Not yet!", I stepped back as I heard her shouting to me.

Maybe I should not order a lot of food for dinner. Now, she had to wake up in the middle of the night because of me. It must be hard for her to manage alone to use the toilet in there.

Not long after that, I heard the door sound of being opened from inside. I turned to see it and waited for it to be opened wider. When it finally opened wide, I met her eyes and told her that I just wanted to help her before I entered the bathroom.  I held the handle of the wheelchair behind her back and made a push on it to make the front wheels moved up a bit so that we can get through the seam binder that is a little higher than the bathroom's floor.

Then, I pushed the wheelchair back to her bedside before I told her that I will carry her back to the bed. She stayed quiet, unlike how she has been talking harshly with me these two days I had been here with her. Maybe she is tired, I let myself to think that way as I slowly put my hand under her knees and the other around her back.

I carefully lifted her to the empty bed before I put the blanket to cover her from the chillness of the night.

"Okay, you can go back to sleep. If you need anything, just call my name.", I told her before I went down to the floor and lied down on the foldable futon which I have been sleeping with for the past two nights.

I have never been sleeping on a mattress on the floor before but it was not that bad. Her futon is comfortable for me.

"Jungkook?", I heard Chaeyoung calling for me right after I closed my eyes.

"Yes.", I replied quickly as I sat up looking at her on the bed.

"You can sleep beside me. The futon isn't comfortable enough for you.", her words made me a bit surprised.

I stood up and looked at her face in the dim light of the room before I asked what she just said to me. I could see her eyes rolled at my question but I just need to ensure I did not hear her wrongly.

"I said you can sleep on my bed. Beside me. I've troubled you to wake up at this late hour, this is the least I can do for you, okay?", she got back to her harsh tone making me gulped at her. "But if you don't want, that's okay. Just go back down there, Jungkook.", she added as she looked away from me.

"I...I'll sleep beside you. That..would be easier...if you need me. You can slap me if I don't hear you calling.", I stammered as I walked to the other side of the bed with my pillow before I slowly lie down without making too much movement.

I was facing her side profile as I looked at her when she suddenly spoke, "Don't look at me."

She might not be able to turn her head to me but she still know I was looking at her.

"Good night, Chaeyoung.", I said before I turned around facing the wall and got myself to sleep.

Park Chaeyoung's POV