59: She Forgives

Only you know me the way you know me
Only you forgive me when I'm sorry
Even when I messed it up
There you are

Park Chaeyoung's POV

The atmosphere was so quiet even though our foods have been served for us. It got even quieter when Jungkook came back from buying a bandage for his lips. His face did not looked happy at all. I wondered if it was because of the pain or because of the people in front of us.

"They're not done yet talking to you?", he asked me as he sat next to me.

"Jungkook, they wait for you to be here too.", I told him as I put my right hand on his left one to ensure that everything is fine.

The two people looked at Jungkook and I was not sure how he looked back at them. But, I can see my sister tried her best to start speaking up to us.

"Jungkook, Chaeyoung...I know I had wronged you two a lot. You can scold me, hate me, do whatever you guys want but...I still want to apologise. Chaeyoung...I'm sorry I didn't visit you when you're at the hospital. I was...I was so ashamed of myself. Please forgive me, Chae.", she said as she extended her hand to reach mine on the table.

I pushed my left hand towards her so she can hold it as I smiled at her.

"It's okay, unnie. It's all a past now, I've forgiven you long ago.", I told her as she shed a tear at my words. "Unnie, don't cry.", I told her so she wiped off her tears with her other hand.

"I'm sorry I just...couldn't help myself. I feel so ashamed to both of you, I feel so bad about what I did especially to you, Chaeyoung. Since our parents got married, I hated you. I didn't like you and to be honest, I wasn't sincere when I apologized to you before. I still despise you, Chae. I was..."

I squeezed Nayeon's hand softly trying to comfort her.

"Unnie, it's okay. I told you I've forgiven you. Please don't cry anymore.", I told her before I asked her to smile.

She did gave me a smile but it faded as she looked at the man beside me. I could not see Jungkook's face because of the cervical collar on my neck peeventing me from doing so but I could feel the bad aura around him. An aura that showed he hates something or someone to be exact.

"Jungkook...I want to apologise to you too. I know what I did to you was bad. I shouldn't take advantage of your condition. Please forgive me, Jungkook.", she apologized to him but he did not say a word to her after that. "I'm also sorry for not telling you the truth about you and me. I'm sorry that I let you to think that we're still together. I'm so sorry, Jungkook.", she added when he stayed silent on her.

His cold demeanor made me had to talk to him so I called his name as I put my right hand on his lap.

"Jungkook, please forgive my unnie.", I told him but he remained silent. "Jungkook...", I tried again. "If you care about me and don't want to see me sad, forgive her please.", I added.

Jeon Jungkook's POV

These two people in front of me really made me lose my appetite to eat with Chaeyoung. I thought they were already gone when I let them be with Chaeyoung while I went to get a bandage for my lips. Unfortunately, they are still here but luckily they did not order food to eat with us.

When Nayeon apologized to Chaeyoung, I was a bit confused thinking of how bad was she treating Chaeyoung all these while. I only remember she hated to talk about Chaeyoung but I did not know that she despised Chaeyoung. The way she said she was not sincere when she apologized before this made me think how I can fall for her back then.