14: Her Words Hurt

Do you love me, cause I love you
Just know that I will always
Be the one that you can run to
Hear it girl

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I just got out of the bathroom when I heard my phone notification sound. I took the phone from the table beside my bed and checked the notification as I sat down on my bed getting ready to sleep.

🗨 Unknown number: Hi.

"Who is this?", I asked as I looked at the unknown number appeared on top of the message.

I decided to ignore it and put my phone on the table. When I lied down, the notification sound came again so I grabbed my phone close to me. Again, the notification showed up have the same unknown phone number in it.

🗨 Unknown number: I miss you. A lot.

"What...the heck is this person...", I said with confusion mixing with anger. I am confused because it was weird to get a message like that from an unknown number. I am angry because if this unknown number is actually from anyone I know, I am going to be pissed with that person for trying to play a prank on me.

🗨 Unknown number: Good night, babe.

"Okay, this is enough. I'm blocking you, stranger.", I said as I tapped on the 'block' option. However, I stopped for a while as I thought of who could the stranger be.

"Is it...Jackson?", I said to myself because I knew how much of a prankster he can be. "No, not him.", I shook my head as I said it. "Then...Jungkook? Lisa? No, Lisa doesn't do pranks on me. Is it Jungkook but I have his number already.", my head got busy thinking of it until I even thought Jungkook sent me the messages.

I must be crazy to think that he could be one of the suspects. It cannot be him. Why would he send me such messages? We just met a few hours ago. Right after that, I remembered someone else who could be in the list of people I am suspecting.

"No...not even him. We're over for years already.", I mumbled alone about this old story of mine.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Today I received many calls from Jieun and Seokjin hyung in the early morning. I purposely did not answer them until I reached Euphoria bakery. Only after I parked my car, I answered Jieun's call from the office.

"Yes, noona. What is it? I'm sorry I was driving just now.", I said on the phone.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Don't 'noona' me right now. Where are you? Today's Monday and you're supposed to be here at the office. Not Kim Seokjin replacing you today.", I moved the phone further away from my ear as I heard her nagging at me.

I chuckled as I listened to her. "I'm still in sulking mode with my dad, Jieun-ssi. So, I'm not coming in today. Jin hyung can handle the work for me.", I told her as I put on my hoodie.

Then, I heard a sigh from her. "Until when are you going to be sulking, Jungkook? People will start to be asking about your position here if you keep on not coming to work. Don't you worry about that?", she asked me.

"I don't care what people are saying. I'm still doing my job there. Jin hyung is just doing my job for me at the office, he still keeps me updated with everything and I'll follow up at home. People don't know that so let them talk.", I replied to her as I got out of my car.