40: She Got Nothing

Even though there's no way you'll come to me
Even though I know you're looking somewhere else
I don't think
I can let go of you

Park Chaeyoung's POV

Even though the light has been turned off, I still could not sleep as my mind was thinking about Jungkook and my sister. She has not yet coming home making me thinking whether she stays at his place or just will come home a bit late. There are so many questions in my head that I want to ask her.

When did she get back with him? Why did she not tell me about it? What else did she tell him about me?

As I was thinking of all that, I looked at the photos of Jungkook that I have in my phone. Those photos from Comic-Con, random selfies we took together during lunch or dinner, and the candid photos of him I took still made me smile before I sleep. Maybe that is the only thing I could hold on to for the moment.

"Chaeyoung...", I heard Nayeon's voice after two knocks on my door making me quickly hid my phone under the blanket. "Are you asleep, Chae?", she asked.

"Umm...no. Not yet, unnie. You can come in if you want.", I said as I leaned my back to the headboard.

She opened the door and turned on the light as she walked towards me with a smile on her face.

"Hey, unnie.", I greeted her as she sat down on the bedside next to me.

"Hey...I...want to say sorry about today. At the bakery.", she suddenly apologized. "I know you must be shocked with what I did. But, Chaeyoung...he thought I'm still his girlfriend. I tried to tell him we were over but he didn't accept it so...", I shook my head at her words.

"I understand that, unnie.", I told her.

"I tried to tell him about you too but his head will start to ache whenever I try, Chae.", she continued.

I went to give her a side hug and tell her that it is okay. "Sooner or later, he will remember. I hope so.", I told her as I tried to tell myself the same thing despite worrying that he will never remember me again.

"What if...he never..."

I tightened my hug and stopped her from finishing her words. "If he never, I will make him remember me. So, don't worry.", I said with a smile.

"So...you'll let him be with me for the moment?", Nayeon asked me in which made me slowly nodded to her.

"For now, just treat him like how you've done when you were with him before. But...don't do too much. I'll try to find a way to make him remember who I am to him.", I told her as I was thinking of how to make Jungkook remember me without making his head aching.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

For the nth time, I rejected my mom's idea to go and see Chaeyoung, her favourite staff at the bakery. I mean...I did not know her so why do I have to go and see someone who is a stranger to me? Even if my mom told me that Chaeyoung is my girlfriend, I could not believe it because my mind only knew Nayeon as my girlfriend.

But then, what Namjoon said about Nayeon last night made me angry with Nayeon. She did have a hidden agenda all along.

"I think she will use you, Jungkook. So, please...get rid of her and go to Chaeyoung. You're not in love with Nayeon anymore. You're in love with Chaeyoung. Please listen to me and do the right thing. Don't waste your time with Nayeon, Kook."

If Nayeon really will use me, then she got me now. I knew her as my girlfriend and I trust her more than other people. She can take advantage of my amnesia. But, surely she did not think I will find out about her agenda. I can take advantage of that to take my revenge on her for dumping me years ago.

"Jungkook-ah, you really don't want to follow me to the bakery?", my mom asked me for the third time today.

I shook my head.

"I have plans with Nayeon, eomma. I'm sorry.", I told her before she excused herself to leave.

❤❤❤

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I put on a smile as I served Mrs Lee the coffee and cake that she ordered earlier.

"Chaeyoung, can we talk for a while?", she asked as I was putting the coffee cup on her table.

I really did not want to talk with her for now. But, how can I refuse when the bakery is not that busy at this hour?

"Just five minutes, Chaeyoung. Please, dear.", I slowly sat down as I asked her if she has anything important to talk with me about.

"About you and Jungkook. Can we talk about that?", she asked me carefully.

I nodded to it.

"Do you know that Jungkook is back with Nayeon, your sister?", she asked me.

"I know, ma'am.", I replied in short.

"Then, you let them be? I mean...didn't you tell Nayeon about you and Jungkook?", she asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

I nodded before answering, "She knew about us but we both also knew that he doesn't remember me and he remember her. Plus, he will get headache if we tell him who's really with him now. I don't want to hurt him, ma'am. At least, not now."

She looked at me with her sad eyes.

"Then, when? Do you know that he's been going out with Nayeon now? And she treated him like they're really together? I'm not disliking her or anything but I don't like seeing my son...who supposed to be with you going out with another woman, Chaeyoung.", she said to me what she felt about Jungkook being with Nayeon now.

"I'll find a way, ma'am. Actually Jin oppa told me that he will try to fix Jungkook's phone that was destroyed in the accident. If the data could be retrieved, maybe I'll use that to show him how we were before. I just don't want to force him for now. I'm worried he will be hurt just to remember the past. Plus, he lost 9 years of his memory. Not just his memory with me, ma'am. He needs time to remember everything, don't you think?", I tried to make her understand why I did not want to make him remember me in such a hasty way.

She nodded to my words. "You're right. He was quite devastated when I revealed to him that his dad and me had divorced. He's sulking with me for a week, Chae.", she said with a bit of laugh in the end of her words.

"That's why I don't want to force him, ma'am. I'd rather wait for him to regain his memory by himself. Plus, my sister helped me too, she tried to tell him about me and him but he got headache because of it. So, I don't have a problem that she's treating him like they're still together. She knows her limit. Don't worry, ma'am.", I assured her to not worry so much about Nayeon being with Jungkook now.

Right after that, Mrs Lee got a phone call so I excused myself to go back to the counter continuing my work. While I headed back there, my phone vibrated so I checked it for a while to see there is a message from Jisoo for me.

🗨 Jisoo unnie: Hi, Chae. I've asked Jin about Jungkook's phone. Looks like he couldn't retrieve the data from the phone. He said it was too damaged to be repaired, Chae. I'm sorry about this. What do you want me to do with the phone, Chaeyoung?

Okay, so I got nothing for now. Jungkook's phone cannot be saved. Should I just use my phone to show him the photos of us and the messages we shared each other? But, what if he did not believe me?

❤❤❤

Double update. 😁

🤗🤗