19: His Heartache

I'm afraid that band-aids
Are no good for heartache
Not okay, so tell me
When your world is falling down

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I put on my black mask to cover my mouth before I went out of my car and get ready to come back as a staff at Euphoria. I saw Chaeyoung and Lisa already came so I tried to stay calm as I walk in entering the bakery. Chaeyoung was at the counter when I entered.

I said good morning to her before I proceeded to the kitchen area to get my apron. I did not wait for her reply and went straight away to the back.

"Oh, Jungkook. Hi.", Lisa greeted me and I replied without looking at her.

She seemed to know something was wrong with me as she went closer and stood beside me. She whispered my name and asked if I am okay. I turned to see her for a second and I nodded.

"Do I look not okay to you?", I asked, I sounded so discouraged this morning. Damn it! It is hard for me to pretend that I am okay. Even though I tried to cover it with wearing this mask, I think others can see how I couldn't smile like I always do now.

"I don't know. I'm just asking because you weren't here for a week. What happened, buddy?", Lisa asked me.

"Busy at J Corp, that's all.", I lied as I helped her to wipe the plates to be used in front.

She did not say anything after that. Was it because she really just want to know where I went missing to or was it because she knew something happened while I was absent? I think there's no harm in asking.

"Lisa.", I called her and she hummed in response. "What happened while I was absent?", I uttered the question to her.

"What happened? Uh...I got to talk without stuttering with Bambam.", she said in which I scoffed at. I have tried to help her to talk with him for months now and she always got a problem to even finish one sentence with him. Now, she is telling me about her success.

I told her that I did not want to know about that. "Why would I want to know about you, Lisa?", I said as I received a hard blow on my arm from her. She asked me what I actually wanted to know and I leaned close to her ear to say, "Chaeyoung. What happened to her?"

Right after I said that, the door is opened and Chaeyoung walked in with her phone at her ear. Seemed like she just received a call. She was smiling but I felt hurt seeing it. Why?

Lisa looked at me after Chaeyoung went to the back door to have some privacy.

"I will tell you but don't be surprised.", she said in a low voice. I nodded as if preparing myself for it. "She's crazy. Crazy in love with her ex.", she whispered to me as I tried to stay calm despite my heart felt painful inside. "I'm sorry, Jungkook.", Lisa said as if she just revealed something bad to me.

I shook my head and told her that it is okay before I went to the front to see what I can do out there.

❤❤❤

Park Chaeyoung's POV

Jungkook has been so quiet today. He did not even ask me a lot when I told him not to buy me food for lunch as he used to do. He is not talkative and irritating as he was before. Was it because of my scolding to him the other day? But, he acted like it never happened or was I assuming it to be that way?

"Jungkook's been so quiet today.", Jackson said as he stood beside me for a brief moment. "Yeah, I noticed that too.", I replied while trying to not look worried about him. "He hasn't eaten yet.", Jackson added in which I thought is impossible to be true.