23: She's Heartbroken Again

I will take your pain
And put it on my heart
I won't hesitate
Just tell me where to start

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I ran to the door and was about to knock when I see it is opened from the inside making me stopped myself in front of it.

"Jungkook, come in quickly!", Jisoo noona said while pulling me inside startling me.

"What's wrong, noona? Where's Chaeyoung?", I asked her before I see another girl coming to our way.

"Jungkook, come here! Quickly, open Chaeyoung's door please.", she said as she led me to Chaeyoung's room.

I was startled that this unknown girl know my name. So I asked who she is and she told me she is Jennie, one of Chaeyoung's bestfriends.

While on the way, I asked what was happening so Jennie noona told me everything. She told me that Chaeyoung has just found out that Jaehyun played with her feelings. He did not love her anymore and he just bet with his friends that he could win her heart again.

I got angry as I heard it until we got to the front of Chaeyoung's room. Jisoo noona said that she has been locking herself up since she got home an hour ago and they were worried. Especially when they heard noises of things being thrown to the floor and Chaeyoung's cries in between it. Then, I smelled something like smoke and told the other two about it.

"Chaeyoung! Jungkook, break the door!", Jisoo noona said and I quickly realized that the smoke came from inside her room.

So, I quickly positioned myself facing the door and kicked it with my foot until the door breaks open. After the third attempt, I managed to open the broken door and quickly walked in looking for Chaeyoung with Jennie noona and Jisoo noona following me.

I was quite stunned with the condition of her room when I got in especially with all the cosmetic products that scattered on the floor. Some were already broken and the glasses from them could injure if we did not look down to the floor.

"Chaeyoung-ah...", Jennie noona said and I turned to see her who already got inside the bathroom looking like pouring water to a bucket beside Chaeyoung.

I saw a bit of smoke and took a closer look to what was inside the bucket. Jisoo noona tried to help Chaeyoung to get up as she was sitting hugging both her knees with her head down.

I saw some clothes were burnt inside the bucket before I looked at Chaeyoung who did not budge at all. It hurt me to see her like that so I told her two bestfriends to leave us for a while as I will try to talk with her alone. They nodded and left us after signalling me to console Chaeyoung as much as I can.

Then, I made myself sit beside her and copied her sitting position even though the floor was wet.

"Chaeyoung...", I called her name as soft as I can. I was worried of what her reaction will be so I started with speaking softly first.

"Chaeyoung, do you hear me?", I asked.

"What are you doing here? Just leave me alone.", she said but she stayed with her head rested down on her knees.

I did not know how her face looked like but I bet her eyes were red and puffy after crying nonstop.

"I won't.", I replied in short, trying to make her annoyed because I knew how she hated me answering back at her. Especially if I answered her with a short sentence.

"Why? You want to laugh at me? Do it, I don't care.", she responded.

I slowly moved closer to her and purposely put my head on her shoulder lightly.