46: His Try

Don't you know I always try to
Can't you see it in my eyes
All the reasons you are mine
Maybe that's why we try
Maybe that's why we fight
Maybe that's why we give it all to keep this love alive

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I stayed inside even though the elevator is opened when it reached the ground floor. Few seconds passed and I could hear a sigh from the person beside me before she walked out of the confined space. I followed her out before the elevator can close on me.

As I walked beside her, she stomped her feet before turning to face me.

"Can you stop following me?", she asked with her angry face.

"Can...not.", I answered with a corner of my mouth quirked up into a smile.

I moved myself back a bit as I saw her right hand was about to hit me. I did not expect that she is this angry with me. I was just trying to make a joke but it seemed like I just annoyed her...and she hated it.

"I told you just now. You shouldn't come here to see me.", she said it again just like before the elevator is opened earlier.

"I looked for you at the bakery but you weren't there. So, I came here since this is the only other place that I know where to find you at. I waited for four hours for you here, Chaeyoung.", I told her.

Her face turned softer than she was.

"Tell me why you look for me. I give you five minutes.", she said as she crossed her arms.

Right after that, my phone rang so I take a look at it and saw Nayeon's name on it. I ignored the call as I put the phone in silent mode but it kept on vibrating. Then, I looked at Chaeyoung and told her that I wanted to know something which I hope she will tell me about.

"That's Nayeon unnie. Why you ignored it?", she saw who was calling me.

"I've told her I'd be busy all day. She shouldn't call me.", I replied while glancing at my watch.

"But she's your..."

I put up my hand stopping her words. My phone stopped vibrating at the same time.

"You give me five minutes for us to talk. I don't want to waste it.", I said after that while putting my phone in the pocket.

She sighed, "Fine, go on. What you want to know from me?"

I nodded before I spoke, "I met Jaehyun. He said he's my ex-schoolmate. Also...he's your ex-boyfriend. And he said..."

Chaeyoung's glare made me paused. I was hesitating myself whether I am doing the right thing or not. I do not want to make her flustered with my words.

"He said what?", her serious tone made me gulped.

I told myself to forget telling her what Jaehyun told me before I asked her a question, "What...are we?"

She seemed to be saying something but she stopped before she could form even one word. I can see water in her eyes. Did I just say something wrong that she reacted this way?

❤❤❤

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I kept quiet as I drove my car with Jungkook sitting beside me. Honestly, I did not want to tell him anything about us. I wanted him to remember me on his own but it looked like he needed my help.

As we reached the mall, I parked my car at the roadside as I looked at the empty parking area of the mall. If only the mall is still open, surely I will park at the same spot when we had our first date. But it is almost midnight now, the mall is closed and the atmosphere of the busy city is so quiet at this hour.