16: She's Had Enough

I hate that I love you
Hate that I love you
Try not but I do
Oh but it feels so good
So good

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I quickly go to the bus stop since it was going to rain already. When I got there and sit, I looked at the watch on my hand and sighed. I hoped that I did not miss the bus that was on the route to where my house is. I pouted when I realized how unlucky the day was for me.

My car broke down, Lisa took leave to take her parents for a holiday and Jungkook was not around as he does not come for work on Saturday. This has been a real bad day for me. When I was thinking of how much more the day could be bad, my phone made a sound of message notification. When I checked the message, I sighed.

🗨 Unknown number: How are you today? Is it a bad day for you?

This has probably be the thirtieth message from the same unknown number since two weeks ago. I did not know who it was but I tried not to think of it much. However, I felt a bit scared when I received another message from it seconds later.

🗨 Unknown number: You look sad. Are you okay?

That message made me slowly looked at my left and my right sides. No one seemed to be looking suspicious to me. One lady beside me was just reading news on her phone. A guy on my right did not hold his phone but he looked like enjoying the songs on his headphones. Not many people were there so I can see everyone was busy with their own things.

When I was thinking of who it is that could be playing around with me, I heard a honk that made me flinched a bit. A black car appeared right in front of me or to be precise, at the roadside in front of the bus stop where I was waiting at. Then, the window of the car is opened and I saw the person who looked at me with his gummy smile.

"Hey, Chaeyoung. Want a ride?", he asked as he opened the car door.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here? How...did you know I'm here?", I asked as I stood up and walked closer to his car.

I closed the door he opened and he pouted at my action. "Of course I know. Jackson told me you were going to take the bus today. I went to the bakery but you left already. So, here I am.", he said as he opened the car door again.

"Come on, I'll send you home. It's going to rain soon.", he said so I got in without thinking much.

Even though I thought that he was the one texting me with the unknown number, I thought of to let it go for the moment because I was so tired that day. While we were on the way to my house, I asked him why he was unreachable on Thursday as Mrs Lee was the one informed me that he was not coming to work that day.

"I had a fight with my dad that morning.", he said after that.

"Why? Is it...the same issue with your future stepmother again?", I asked as I looked at him beside me. He nodded but he kept his eyes focused on the road.

"So, you turned off your phone that day and made everyone worried?", I asked him who turned to look at me when we stopped at the red light.

He narrowed his eyes before looking at his phone. Then, he opened his call logs and messages before showing it to me.

"I think no one cared. Only you.", he said making me grabbed the phone and put it on sleep mode back.

"Yeah, right. Only me.", I said before looking away from him. I cannot believe no one looked for him other than me. I mean, doesn't his workers look for him too?