15: He's Had Enough

If we fall, then you can blame it all on me
Don't have to tell me you're sorry
It's your call whether you leave or you take me
I'm still gonna want you like crazy

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Since the night of my mom's birthday, I have decided to slow down my game. I knew that I challenged myself to make Chaeyoung fall for me but I will do it slowly now. Even if she tells my mom to not matchmaking us, I will still try my best until she falls for me.

I just have to change my strategy. She plays hard to get with me? I will go along with it. I don't care how long it will take for me to be successful in my plan. I will make sure it succeeds.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

"Good morning, Chaeyoung.", Jungkook greeted as he arrived.

"Morning, Jungkook.", I replied shortly while I turned on all the switches to the lights, A/C and fans.

He did not follow me around like he used to do before. He went straight to the back and came out helping me to arrange the tables and chairs. He did not even talk to me and just do his job at the other end.

"Hi, Chaeyoung. Hey, Jungkook.", Jackson greeted us as he came to work.

"Hey.", a very short reply is heard from Jungkook. He continued doing his work and ignored Jackson completely.

It felt a bit off but I let it be. I realized he has been acting like this since last week. To be precise, after the birthday dinner with his mom. Could it be because of what I said? But, I haven't told his mom that I don't like him to be matched with me. Did he act this way on his own judgement?

❤❤❤

Another week passed and Jungkook stayed with the same attitude today. It's not like I care about his changes but I just felt weird again today because he was not supposed to be here. It is Monday, he should be working at J Corp as I know. Did he has a change of schedule or...he got into a dispute with his father again?

I did not want to bother asking him but I hope it is the first one. I do not want him to be like that night he got back here looking all gloomy and worrying. I might not be able to comfort him again this time.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

"I said I don't want to be there if she's there, appa!", I shouted on the phone when my dad called me during my lunch time. "She's not working there. She shouldn't be there. My decision is final, I won't come to work if she comes to the office. That's it.", I said before I hang up.

Then, I looked around before I go back in through the back door of the bakery.

When I got in, I saw Chaeyoung was taking something from the cabinet. She looked at me before she left to go to the front area. I wonder if she heard anything just now. Hopefully she didn't.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I heard someone shouting and I realized that Jungkook was here having his lunch. Could he be the one that shouted?

While I was thinking of it, the back door is opened and I pretended to be busy to realize whoever it is that just got in. Once I got the extra plates, I looked back to see Jungkook sitting at the chair continue to eat his food. I ignored him and left to the front area to continue my work.

I tried to focus on my work in the front area but my mind was thinking of the reason Jungkook shouted earlier. What could be the reason he shouted? Who did he shout to? Why must I heard it and not someone else?