12: Touch Her Heart

You know I've been alone for quite a while
haven't I? I thought I knew it all
Found love but I was wrong
More times than enough
But since you came along
I'm thinking baby

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Today is Friday and I should be at the office but I decided to give Seokjin to stand in for me. After the sudden meeting with my dad at the office yesterday, I felt like I need more time to be away from there.

So here I am in my car at the parking lot near the bakery waiting for Chaeyoung. Oh, no! I mean I am waiting for the bakery to be opened. She must be shocked to see me today since I only come from Tuesday to Thursday as a part timer at the bakery.

While I was waiting, my phone vibrated and I saw my mom's name on its screen. "Good morning, eomma.", I answered as I thought of why she is calling me this early today.

"Good morning, Jungkook. Where are you?", she asked. "I'm...at the bakery. Why, eomma?", I replied hesitantly because she knew the days I am at the office and at the bakery. She must be weird of me being at the bakery today.

"You met your appa yesterday, son?", she asked making me remembered about what happened yesterday. So, she called because of this. I sighed before I answered her, "Yeah, I met him...with his future wife."

She hummed at my response and I continued talking, "Did he tell you we met yesterday? Did you know he has someone else, eomma?"

I can hear mom slowly said yes and told me to not be angry with dad. "How can I not, eomma? He told me to work with him even though I chose to stay with you and I did as he told. I worked for him and then, I know he's marrying someone else soon. What is that, eomma?", I cut her off with my rants.

"Son, calm down. Don't be mad at your appa. I know...you want me to get back with him but you know that that can never happen, right? You know how me and your appa always had something to fight about when we were together. So, there's no use if we get back. Plus, I'm older now. Your appa too. We have different views in life now, Jungkook. If you ask me, I'll tell you I'm okay. I'm good with my life now. I have you, I have my business. That's more than enough, son.", she told me.

I shook my head listening to it all until I heard her last lines. She told me she feels good with her life now. That reminded me of what Chaeyoung said last night. She said a similar thing about eomma which eomma herself said now.

"Are you happy, eomma?", I asked her.

She laughed and said yes to it. "I am so happy, Jungkook. But...", she stopped midway.

"But?", I repeated her last word with curiosity. "But...I will be much more happy...if you're happy, Jungkook-ah.", she continued her words making me smile before I saw a familiar person getting off at the nearby bus stop.

"How are you with Chaeyoung now?", she suddenly asked about the person I am currently looking at.

"Me..with Chaeyoung? Fine, we're getting along well now.", that is all I could say to mom. "Just fine? Is that mean...you and her are more than friends now or...", I chuckled at her words before I denied it. "We're at the stage of trying to be friends now, eomma. That's all I can say for now.", I told her as I kept my eyes on Chaeyoung.

Mom wished me a happy day ahead and asked me to tell Chaeyoung she says 'hi' before we ended our conversation. Right after that, I walked out of my car and turned to see Chaeyoung unlocking the door of the bakery. Realizing that she did not see me, I decided to surprise her.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I paused the song I was listening to when I reached Euphoria Bakery. Then, I unlocked the door of the bakery as how I usually do every morning. When I have opened the door and wanted to put the key back inside my bag, it fell to the ground making me sighed at myself.