44: He's in Confusion

I know I'm stupid
What can I do about that
I have so many things I couldn't do
I close my eyes and count the stars
I still can't sleep
Why are you still here

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Right after the elevator opened, both of us heard a distinct noises coming from the direction to the apartment unit that Nayeon is staying at. Knowing that it was almost midnight, I wondered who would be making a noise at this hour. Nayeon was even more curious as she walked out quickly to go to the direction where the noise came from.

As we took a left from the elevator area, Nayeon stopped in a sudden making me stopped too.

"Chaeyoung??", she said before she continued to walk to the apartment unit she stayed at.

I followed quietly as I looked at the three people in front of her apartment door. It looked like one of them is drunk. Is that Nayeon's sister?

"Chaeyoung, calm down!", the guy that is carrying her looked to be struggle to keep her in his arms. Her legs were flailing in the air as she was shouting to be freed. But, her shouts gradually turned into cries as another friend of hers taking out a key from her bag.

"Let...me...go...", she cried as she hit the tall guy's chest.

"Chaeyoung?", Nayeon called her name as she reached them.

Chaeyoung stopped hitting as she turned to see Nayeon while her friend is opening the door to the apartment.

"Oh, Nayeon unnie.."

"Nayeon noona?"

"Jaehyun.."

Jaehyun? Why did that name sounded familiar to me? I tried to get a closer look so I stood next to Nayeon instead of behind her.

"Oh, Jungkook. You're here too.", the girl with bangs said as she saw me.

"Hey, Jungkook.", the tall guy named Jaehyun tried to wave his hand at me before Chaeyoung went wild again.

This time, she finally was freed as the tall guy's hands accidentally let her go making her almost fell to the hard floor.

Luckily, I was quick to lend a hand. I put my arms out to keep her safe from getting her back hurt.

"Let go...", she was about to shout to me too but she stopped as I looked down to her eyes. She had her eyes opened but I did not know if she was aware of her surroundings or not. Suddenly she wrapped her arms on my neck and pulled her face closer to my chest. I think she's not aware of anything now.

"Jungkook...it's you.", I heard her voice mumbling as she closed her eyes burying her face on my chest.

"Uh...Jungkook, bring her to her room. Can you?", the short black haired girl said to me and I nodded as I carried Chaeyoung in my arms following the lead of her friend to her room.

As we got there, I slowly put her down on her bed with her friend's help to untangle her hands from my neck.

"Thanks, you can leave now.", her friend told me but I stayed beside Chaeyoung watching her hugging an Ironman plush toy in her hands.

Not long after that, I heard someone cleared their throat and looked at the door to see Nayeon crossing her arms with a moody expression on her face.

"I need to change Chaeyoung's clothes. Please leave, Jungkook.", the girl who worked at Euphoria with Chaeyoung told me making me quickly stood up to leave.