38: She's Okay...

They say there's no point in regretting but
I'll keep thinking of you (I was wrong)
I will smile if I see you as if nothing happened

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I clenched my fist under the blanket after what Namjoon told me about Nayeon. About 9 years ago, she left me for someone else when she got accepted into a university while I was a senior high schooler. Now, she came back from Tokyo after so long which made me curious of her reason to do so.

However, I forgot about asking Namjoon to investigate about her but he still told me everything I need to know. So, now I found out she might have something planned for suddenly coming back here. I just did not know what it is yet. Namjoon said he will investigate further if I still am curious about her.

"Anyway, Kook. Do you really thought it was 2011 now?", he asked me after that.

I nodded quietly.

"Then...you remember Chaeyoung?", he asked a name that my mom shouted for yesterday. That girl...is Chaeyoung her name? My head hurt to try remembering her.

This time, I shook my head.

"Do you know who's your girlfriend now, Kook?", he asked another question to me.

"Nayeon is my girlfriend.", I answered him.

He sighed, "So, you remember Nayeon as your girlfriend? Well, then..you don't have a memory of her dumping you for Jinyoung. Oh man..."

I felt a bit hurt hearing that sentence from him. Nayeon dumped me, really?

"Hyung, do you have her number? Can you call her to come see me? I don't have my phone now. Eomma said my phone was destroyed in the accident.", I said to him as I still waiting for Nayeon to visit me since yesterday.

Namjoon looked at me quietly before he shook his head.

"I don't have hers but I have Chaeyoung's.", he told me as he took his phone out.

"Who's Chaeyoung? Why are you telling me you have her number? I'm asking about Nayeon's number, hyung.", I said to him.

He nodded before saying, "Chaeyoung, she...she's Nayeon's sister and she's also your girlfriend now."

I was a bit shocked to hear that from him.

"You're kidding, hyung.", I said as I shook my head.

"No, I'm not. I still remember you told me how you're in love with her. How she changed you from being a playboy to a loyal man to her. You told me those things few days before the accident, Kook. When you asked me to investigate about Nayeon.", he told me.

I scoffed at him.

"I...was a playboy before? When was that? I only remember I'm being loyal to Nayeon.", I replied.

"Yes, you became like that after Nayeon dumped you. You made every girl chased you but you never get serious with any of them. Only after you knew Chaeyoung, you changed.", he told me things that I found hard to believe.

Did I really was that bad? I became a playboy after Nayeon dumped me? But I only remember being together with Nayeon. I did not remember getting dumped by her.

"Hyung, please leave me alone now. If you don't have anything else to tell me, please leave. I don't want to see anyone now.", I said to him as I pulled the blanket up to my neck and turned to the other side as I lied down on the bed.

I heard another sigh from him before there is a creaking sound coming afterwards.

Then, I heard him say, "I'll leave you, Jungkook. See you later."