28: She's No Angel

Heaven, help me out
'Cause I met one of your angels
And she bringing me down, aw yeah
Heaven, help me now
'Cause I don't see no halo
And she giving me hell, aw yeah

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Right after the meeting with H&S Entertainment for a partnership deal, I decided to go to the bakery as it has passed lunchtime when the meeting ended.

As I arrived, I saw Chaeyoung wiping the table that a customer just used. She did not aware of my appearance while Jackson quietly waved his hand at me. He knew I wanted to surprise Chaeyoung.

Just when I was about to greet Chaeyoung from behind, Somi who was at the cashier counter greeted me first.

"Hi, Jungkook!", she said cheerfully.

I saw Chaeyoung's hand stopped from putting the chair in place. She was frozen for a moment. I turned to look at Somi and slowly smiled, "Hi, Somi."

The surrounding suddenly felt too quiet even though there were two other tables occupied with customers. Somi looked around before her eyes fell on Chaeyoung who stayed froze in front of me.

"Ooh, did I do something wrong?", she asked.

"No, Somi. Continue your work.", Chaeyoung replied before I can say anything.

She turned around to see me and gave me a weird smile.

"What are you doing here?", she asked me in an almost whisper voice.

"I'm here to see you.", I answered nonchalantly.

She frowned at me. "You said you're busy at the office. Now, you have time to see me here?", she asked as she walked to the cashier counter where Somi is. I followed her as I tried to talk with her casually despite the way we parted last time we met which was two days ago.

"I'm actually here to ask you out for a lunch with me. I know you always have your lunch late so...", I stopped when she suddenly turned around to face me.

"I already ate.", she slowly said to me.

"No, you don't.", Jackson came from behind me and said that in front of us before he ran to the door to the kitchen.

I can see Chaeyoung giving a sharp glare to Jackson until he is gone from our sights.

"Lunch with me?", I tried again as I smiled at her.

"No.", she gave me a short answer.

"It's a date. Lunch date...with me. Please...", I acted cute as I blinked a few times in front of her. I purposely said it a bit loud so that others can hear my voice. I saw Somi's eyes widened at my words behind there at the counter. I knew she was just acting to be busy there. I don't care if she heard me. But, I do know Chaeyoung cares.

She glared at me before she spoke up, "I said no. Don't you understand, Jungkook?"

I pouted as I shook my head. "How could you refuse me...after you've stolen a ki...", again I stopped when Chaeyoung's hands covered my mouth from finishing my sentence.

"Don't you dare to say that anywhere!", she warned me in whisper as I let her hands to cover my mouth. She did not know how I liked to see her panicky face. So cute. "Never say it or I really will kick you in the place you never thought I'd kick you at.", she said just enough for me to hear it.

I nodded a few times before she moved her hands away from my mouth.

"Lunch with me?", I repeated the question for the third time.