51: Without Him

I remember when
It was "together til' the end"
Now I'm alone again
Where do I begin?

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I kept on nodding and saying 'yes' on the phone as I was speaking with my mom. She kept asking me if I really do not want to go to Nayeon's wedding and telling me that she has prepared my dress if I ever change my mind to come to the wedding. She and my dad are aware of the reason why I decided not to go and they understand it.

Even when Jungkook came to my family's house to tell my parents that he wanted to marry Nayeon, they have asked me what happened and everything since they knew about my relationship with Jungkook. They did not say much after I told them I am letting him go. Plus, everything was quite rushed and the wedding is even just going to be attended by our close families and friends. That means I will have to attend the wedding with just my parents and no friend of mine.

After the call, I realized Lisa has been staring at me as if there is something wrong with my face.

"Yah, Lisa! Why are you staring at me like that?", I asked as I continued eating my cereal.

"I want to see how long you will act to be fine like this, Chae.", she really trying to be annoying this early morning. It made me regretted to be here at her house but she made me stay after she found me at the bridge two nights ago. I followed her since she said she was worried of me. But, I forgot how she will keep on trying to make me change my mind.

I smiled at her for being so concerned about me. "I'm not acting. I am really fine, Lis.", I told her as I finished the cereal in the bowl.

She scoffed at me, "Bullshit! That is all bullshit, Chae."

I glared at her for cursing at me.

"Say what you want, Lisa. I don't mind.", I told her before I went to the sink to wash the bowl and glass I used.

"Oh, please! Please mind what I say! What you are doing is stupid, Chae! You know it yourself!", I did not expect her to raise her voice higher. "You acting all cool in front of everyone is not fine! You know it's not. It's bullshit, Chaeyoung! Bullshit, I tell you!", she continued as I did not give a reaction while busying myself at the sink.

"Chaeyoung, please...come on. You can still stop that wedding from happening.", now she lowered her voice as she stood next to me.

I shook my head. "Not going to happen.", I rejected her crazy idea. There is no way I am stopping the wedding from taking place.

"Chae..."

"Lalisa! This thing that I'm doing, you don't understand it. You won't!", I cut her off with a shout as I put the glass at its designated place.

"I won't? Why? Because I don't have a sister like you? Chaeyoung, I know you don't want to see your unnie getting hurt again. But, do you think I want to see you getting hurt every night because of your stupid decision to let Jungkook go to her? Don't act all cool if you can't hide your tears when you try to sleep, Chae. I saw how you cried last night even if you were silent.", her words made me felt like there was a big lump on my throat. I couldn't reply a thing to her. She knew me too well.

"If you still consider me as your best friend, please...just once...listen to me. I beg you. Go to the wedding and stop it. I know how you love Jungkook and how he loves you too. Maybe now he doesn't but it's just because of the amnesia. If you chase him now and stop the wedding from happening, you have a chance. Trust me, Chae. Go, chase him back.", both of us had tears in our eyes as I heard her begging me.