54: Need Her

I look for you
Every day
Every night
I close my eyes
From the fear
From the light

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Four days have passed since the day Chaeyoung chased me away from her room but here I am, still wanting to see her even from afar.

I did not go to her room and visit her closely as Lisa reminded me not to do that for now. She told me to give some time to Chaeyoung and probably just visit her after she got discharged from the hospital. But, my heart felt uneasy when I did not see her even for a day.

The day after she chased me away, I went to visit her but I did not go into her room after I heard her laugh while she was talking to someone in there. I wondered if she will be laughing again if I appeared in front of her. Recalling how she told me to leave made me left without seeing her that day.

A day after that I came again to visit her. I did not know why I feel the need to see her every day when I could not remember her at all. All I knew is just she is my girlfriend that I forgot because of the amnesia I have. I wanted to remember her. I wanted to remember what we were. I wanted to tell her that she still has me even though I forgot our memories.

Everyone told me that we were a lovely couple even though it was cut short. Everyone tried to help me to get my memories back. Everyone wanted to see me together again with Chaeyoung. But, hearing her talking happily with a man in her room that day hurt my heart.

I was trying to get a glimpse of her through the small window of the door but I only saw the back of a man blocking her figure. I stayed for quite a while listening to their conversation. She sounded cheerful despite the injuries she had. She even talking comfortably with that tall man in her room. I wondered who he is to her. For the second time, I went home without seeing her face.

I hoped to finally see her yesterday and I succeeded. I saw her in wheelchair at the hospital's park with someone. I smiled at the view of her face smiling but my smile faded once I looked at the person pushing her wheelchair.

He was wearing a white coat and his figure...reminded me of the man I saw the day before in her room. Is he a doctor? But, I remembered seeing a different doctor treated Chaeyoung at the ER. Who is he to her actually? I really wanted to know but my feet did not dare to approach him when he was there with her. I did not want to see her smile disappear just because of me.

But today...I have made a plan to see that doctor. I need to confront him no matter what. I waited at the hallway of the floor where Chaeyoung's room is located at.

I was leaning my back against the wall just beside her door for hours since the morning. He never came. But, I stayed there till the evening and almost slept before someone tapped my shoulder.

"I'm sorry to disturb. Are you okay, sir?", my eyes shot opened seeing the person who asked me that question.

It is him. The doctor who was with Chaeyoung yesterday and the day before that.

"Uh, I'm okay.", I said as I cleared my throat. It felt a bit itchy and dry.

"You sure? The nurse told me you have been here since the morning. Have you had anything to eat? Or drink?", this doctor seemed too friendly with me, why did I feel like he is annoying?

I nodded slowly before I speak up, "I had breakfast before I got here."

I looked at his name tag briefly before making a guess. Does Chaeyoung has a brother? But, no one said she has a brother. Then, is he her cousin?