39: He Got Plan

Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Why don't you be you
And I'll be me

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I tried to smile at him but I found it hard as I saw Somi was looking at my reaction. I looked away before Somi went to serve him and I acted to be busy at the counter. Luckily there were not many customers and other staff is at the back.

I tried to keep my composure as I stole glances at him at the table near the entrance. He came here alone. Did he drive here? But, his left leg is still recovering.

When Somi came to my way, I looked elsewhere from his direction before I heard Somi calling for my name.

"Jungkook, he said he wants to talk with you.", she said slow enough just for me to listen.

My eyes darted on Jungkook for a brief second before I looked back at Somi with a frown.

"Did he tell you why?", I asked her.

She shook her head and replied, "He just said it's quite important. I don't dare to ask more since he talked to me like a stranger."

Then, she excused herself to make the drink he ordered and I slowly stepped out of the counter to go to Jungkook's table.

As I reached him, I greeted him, "Uh, hi...my colleague said you want to see me."

He nodded before replying me, "Hi, Chaeyoung. That's your name, right?"

I was taken aback with his question but I tried to keep a calm reaction on my face. I nodded and asked if there is anything important he needs to talk to me about. I even told him that I do not have a lot of free time since I am working.

"I will not take long. Just...I have few questions to ask you. So, if you don't mind...will you have a seat here for a while?", he asked politely making me remembered the first time we met. He was not that polite or maybe I just feel uncomfortable around him at that time. I went to sit on the chair opposite the table facing him before asking him what does he wants to know from me.

"First of all, I want to say sorry for how I was reacting when you visited me with my eomma. You must think I'm rude, right?", it was quite weird to know he is apologizing for that. I mean...he still does not remember me, right? Why is he apologizing though?

"Nayeon told me you're her step sister and you work for my eomma. That's why you were with her that day. I'm sorry again...Chaeyoung.", he added.

I felt that it was unnecessary for him to apologise so I told him it was fine. Then, I asked him when Nayeon met him as I knew she said she was afraid to visit him. She said she did not want to bother him since she was his past.

Somi came to serve him his drink so we stayed quiet for a while. Only after Somi left us alone, he continued to talk with me.

"She visited me three days after I woke up. I thought I will never see her again. I'm glad she came.", he told me. "Anyway...did she really just got back from Tokyo? Do you...know...", I cut him off as I nodded to him.

"She came back after she finished her studies there. She used to work there for a while too. But, she's back here almost two months already.", I told him what he needed to know about Nayeon even though I felt hurt telling him those things.

"She had a job there? Then, why she came back here? Did she tell you anything about it?", he asked as he started to take a sip of his coffee.

I think for a while but not about why Nayeon came back. I think about why he sounded curious like before he got into the accident. Did he remember anything?