22: He's Confirmed

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I was wiping the table when the bell rings so I greeted the customer in before realizing who it is.

"Oh, eomma.", I said as I see her coming in with a smile on her face.

"Good morning, my son.", she said to me before going straight to the counter where Somi is currently at.

I got curious of her sudden visit so I ran to her and asked what she is doing here.

"Why? I can't visit my own bakery, hmm?", she replied in which I shook my head as a response.

She greeted Somi and ordered a drink before taking a seat at the nearest table with her. I followed before I open my mask which I always wear while working at the bakery. However, my mom put up her hand stopping me from sitting at the table with her.

"You're a staff here, Jungkook-ah. Go do your work.", she said as if I am not his son which made me frowned at her.

I put my mask back to where it is before looking around. There is no customer yet at this early morning.

"There's no one, eomma.", I told her before she nodded.

"Is Chaeyoung here?", she suddenly asked.

I looked at the door to the kitchen before realizing that Chaeyoung is not yet in today. Is she going to be late again like yesterday?

"She's not here yet, eomma.", I said as I took a brief look at my watch.

"Hmm...I know. She informed me that she's taking a leave today.", my mom said to me.

I frowned even more before I sit at the chair across hers. I did not care if she will scold me. She is being weird with me right now and I don't like it.

"Eomma, if you know that then why you asked me?", I said.

"I'm actually here to see you and maybe talk with the other staff for a while.", she told me.

Then, I asked if she has anything important to talk about with me and the other staff. She nodded and said, "I have a bad feeling. Chaeyoung isn't the type to take leave in a sudden so I was wondering if you two had a fight or anything."

My mouth gaped at what she said. She thought Chaeyoung suddenly took a leave because she had a fight with me?

"Did you two had a fight?", she asked me and I quickly shook my head.

"No, eomma. We're good. If you don't believe me, ask the others.", I bravely said as I pointed at Somi and Jackson.

Jackson came to us to serve my mom's drink for her and she stopped him before he can leave.

"Jackson, do you know anything about Chaeyoung taking a leave today?", she asked him.

He glanced at me for a second before nodding. "She told me she needs a break. She couldn't focus at work yesterday, ma'am.", he told her as I listened quietly. "Did she say why?", my mom interrogated him more and I can see that he looked like he is thinking of what to say as a reply.

"She had a fight with her boyfriend so her mind was quite distracted yesterday. Maybe she took a leave today to ease her mind.", Jackson said in which I felt surprised to know. So, she listened to me. She took a leave and stay home. Good, Chaeyoung.

"What did you say? Boyfriend? Chaeyoung has a boyfriend?", the reply from my mom made me quickly looked at her and gulped. She is going to scold me. For not telling her about it and for not being the one that is called Chaeyoung's boyfriend.