49: Break Her Heart

I got way too much time to be this hurt
Somebody help, it's getting worse
What do you do with a broken heart?

Park Chaeyoung's POV

It had already been 5 minutes after 10 PM, the time our bakery closes. I was walking to the entrance with my eyes on my phone when a knock made me to look up at the entrance door right away. I stopped when I saw him.

He knocked again with a thin smile on his face. I mouthed a 'sorry' as I continued walking to the door and opened it to greet him. He stepped back a little as I walked out with a smile on my face.

"Jaehyun..what are you doing here?", I asked as I looked around. Most of the shops are closed and not many people are around.

"Uh, hi. I just...wanted to see you before I go.", he said while looking at his watch.

"Go? Where are you going to?", I asked as I did not quite get what he meant.

"I'm going to US...for good. Actually I just came back to settle a few things here and later at 1 AM, I'll have a flight to Connecticut. Just dropping by to say goodbye to you and...I want to apologize.", I felt a bit shocked to hear that from him.

He came here for the last time now, is it?

"Um...why are you leaving? I don't mean to be nosy but...if you don't mind telling...", I tried to ask him for his reason to leave this country for good.

"You know my granddad lives in US all these while, right? Since my parents have divorced, I will be moving to Connecticut with my mom.", he told me while I just can say 'oh' as a response. "Before I go, I want to apologize to you for every single wrong things I did to you. Hopefully you can forgive me.", he continued with his apology that I did not expect from him.

Yes, he made a mistake. A big mistake to try fooling me but why did I felt hurt knowing that he will leave?

"Chaeyoung, are you alright?", he asked making me looked at him with a nod.

"Oh, sorry. I'm alright and I forgive you, Jae. Really.", I said to him as he chuckled at my reaction.

"Are you sure? You look like you're hiding what you really feel. If you're still angry with me, I'm still here for you to punch me.", he said to me making the both of us chuckling at it.

I closed the door behind me and locked it before we started to walk away from the bakery.

"It's okay. I don't want to ruin your face, Jae. And I really mean it, I forgive you. Don't worry.", I said to him as we stopped near a car parked in front of the bakery.

"Okay if you say so. Anyway...how are you going home? I don't see your car here.", he said as he looked around the parking area.

I nodded and said, "I don't drive today. I'm just going to take the bus."

He looked at the bus stop that I pointed at before he unlocked the car that was parked beside us.

"I can send you home.", he said as he opened the door for me.

I looked at it without moving anywhere.

"Oh, this is your car?", I asked since the last time I saw his car, it was different.

"No, I just rented it. I've sold my car since I'll be moving away. Come, I'll send you home.", he said as he started the engine from the passenger seat.

I stayed standing like a statue before he walked out of the car looking at me with a smile.

"You're afraid Jungkook will get angry, is it?", he asked me.