58: Make Him Remember

You don't have to worry
You can rely on me
Baby come into my arms
No matter what you think
You can rely on me
Baby come into my arms

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Ever since that night Chaeyoung started telling me about myself, I will have her to make it a routine before we sleep to tell me anything she knows about me. Even though the first thing she told me was just about how she always rejected me when I tried to have lunch with her, I will not miss a single thing she said to me that night.

Same goes to tonight. Even though I felt so tired at work, I stayed by her side at the sofa waiting for her to give me another story to hear.

"I've been thinking if I want to tell you this but...I guess tonight I will tell you about it.", she said to me.

"Hmm, what's that?", I asked, anticipating even when my tired eyes threatened to make me fall asleep.

"The night I got drunk when you came to fetch me home.", she told me as she lowered the volume of the TV. "You got drunk? Why? When is that?", I asked eagerly to her.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I giggled at his voice when he asked me why and when I got drunk. I never told him yet how I confessed to him or how we got together since we had this bedtime story a week ago. I just told him the stories of how I always rejected him courting me and made him look like he was the only one into me.

Maybe tonight I will tell him the story when I said those three words to him.

"That night, I received messages from an unknown number and I thought you were the one sending me those messages. But when you came, I knew it wasn't you so it made me wonder who was the sender. I even thought it was a prank from Jackson or Lisa, I didn't know who it really was at that time so I was pretty upset thinking about it. Because of that, I asked you to drive us to a bar.", I started my story of getting drunk and accidentally confessing to him.

"Who was the sender?", he asked.

I told him it is a 'secret' for now. "I'll tell you about the sender next time. Or you want to guess it first?", I said to him only to hear his sulking tone.

"You know I don't remember a thing. How am I supposed to guess who the sender is?", he replied to me.

"Okay, okay. It was Jaehyun but...that story about him I'll tell you next time. Okay?", I said to him before he lifted his head and faced me up front so we can see each other's faces.

"Jaehyun as in...your ex?", he asked while looking surprised to hear Jaehyun's name in our conversation. I hummed in response to it. "Wait, how are our relationship when that happened?", he asked as I could feel insecurity in his voice.

I giggled at him before I answered, "We weren't together yet, Jungkook."

He slowly nodded before he went back to put his head on my shoulder.

"Guess it really was hard for me to win your heart before, huh?", he uttered it making me a bit guilty for how I treated him back then.

"Well...I told you you were a playboy. It was hard for me to trust you back then. I told you how there were a lot of girls that know you sat at one table at Euphoria, right?", I replied, trying not to feel so guilty towards him.

I can feel he nodded at my words. "Can I continue with my story now?", I asked him and he nodded again.

"Okay, so...when we go to the bar, I drank quite a lot. Probably three bottles I'm not sure. But I really got wasted that night.", I told him what I remember of that time.