29: She's the Heart Stealer

No matter where you are
I'm loving you
I won't rush you
I'll stand behind you and protect you

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I quickly walked inside the bakery after I signalled Somi to keep quiet of my appearance there on this Friday afternoon. I saw Chaeyoung wiping the dust at a corner of the ceiling near the counter as I walked near her. When Somi went to the kitchen leaving us alone at the front, I cleared my throat trying to get Chaeyoung's attention.

She kept doing her job without realizing me. I smiled as I looked at the dust she could not wipe away up there.

"Need a help, Manager Park?", I asked as she turned to look at me.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here? It's..."

I stopped her as I nodded and took the broom from her. "It's Friday and I should be at J Corp. Yes, I know that.", I said as I wiped the spider web away from the ceiling easily with the broom. "It's lunchtime so I came here to see you.", I said with a smile.

She took the broom back and walked to the door to the back as I followed her. Just before she turned the doorknob, she turned around and put her hand up signalling me to stop.

"If you're here to make me skip my work again, no. You're not getting that chance today, Jungkook.", she said to me as she shook her head.

I nodded to her, "Well, then. I'll just have my lunch here with you. Is it okay?"

Again, she shook her head. "I'm not hungry yet. Eat alone, Jeon Jungkook.", she sounded cold while saying it to me but I still smiled at her as she walked to the back.

I will not bother her much today. Lisa told me yesterday how moody she can be when she is on period. Oh, I did not mean to be nosy about her but I was wondering why she took a leave yesterday. I thought I did something wrong the day before when we went to the art gallery. Luckily, Lisa accidentally told me the reason she took a leave. No wonder she looked uncomfortable and wanted to go home early that day.

As much as I did not want to bother her, I still stayed at the bakery waiting for her working hour ends. I had nothing much to do at the office so I did some work using my laptop at the bakery. Sometimes I took glances at Chaeyoung as she is working and took photos of her candidly.

A few photos I took showed her face pouting or her eyes glaring at me. I giggled as I looked back at those photos. She must be annoyed with me since I did not even hide that I took her photos without her permission.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I stomped my feet on purpose as I walked to the back putting the tray of dirty plates on the table. I did not care what Yeji and Lisa would think of me. They knew how bad my mood can be when my time of the month came.

"Chaeyoung-ah, you okay?", Lisa asked as she took the tray to wash the dishes.

"I'm not. I am not okay at all.", I answered the obvious.

"Whoa, I know why but it seemed like you're being so obvious this time though.", she responded as she continued washing the dishes.

I sighed as I clenched my fist. "Someone please tell that man in black suit out there to go home, please.", I said as I indirectly mentioning about Jungkook to them.

"Oh..you mean Jungkook?", Yeji asked as Lisa preventing herself from laughing.

"He's been here since the afternoon. Doesn't he has work at the office?", I complained of feeling disturbed by his appearance.