37: He's Alright...

Remember if you're looking at me
We love each other
We have to make it together
We're one another
Once we're in love, we'll resemble each other
My heart never changes
You got my word on it (That's right)

Park Chaeyoung's POV

That night was all great and sweet for me. I remembered smiling like crazy as I always do before I tucked myself to sleep. But, the sound of my phone ringing made me excited. I was expecting him to be the one calling me but the name shown on the screen was his mom's instead.

"Chaeyoung-ah, Jungkook...he...he got into an accident."

That sentence still lingered in my mind till now. It had been two days since he was brought to the Emergency Room (ER) at Hanshin Hospital. I was there waiting for him to wake up for the whole day but he did not show any sign of waking up yet. Mrs Lee and the others who came to visit him suggested for me to go home and wash up since my face was so puffy for crying a lot but I was stubborn.

I stayed till the next day and passed out until I was admitted in the same hospital. When I woke up after the sudden collapse, my mom and dad were there in the room with me but I did not speak a word to them. I can only think about Jungkook and only him.

I kept crying in the room when my parents held me back from walking out to see him. They were like guarding me as they bribed me with mom's homemade food. But, I still did not touch a thing till someone visited me. It was Mrs Lee.

"Chaeyoung, ah...I'm sorry if I'm interrupting you..."

"No, you don't. How's Jungkook, ma'am?", I cut her off when she was about to stepped back from the door after seeing my parents were inside with me.

"He...still hasn't woke up.", Mrs Lee said.

"Um...Mrs Lee, please come in if you want to talk to Chaeyoung. We'll leave you with her if you want.", my mom spoke up as she pulled dad's hand to go with her. "She hasn't eaten anything yet. Can you persuade her?", I heard that even though my mom tried to say it in whisper to Mrs Lee.

Once the door is closed and we are left alone, Mrs Lee walked closer to my bed and asked if she can sit at the chair which previously was sat by my mom. I nodded without saying anything. When she finally sat down, she touched my hand and forehead as if trying to feel the heat on my body.

"Oh, you're too warm, Chaeyoung! You still didn't have anything, did you?", she asked as she went to pour the water in the glass for me. "Have a drink, dear.", she said to me as she brought the glass to my mouth.

I shook my head, still refusing just like when my mom did the same before.

"Chaeyoung...I know you're worried about Jungkook. But, how are you going to see him if you yourself not feeling well, hmm? You should eat something, at least. Please, dear.", my tears automatically fell on my cheeks with her words. "You have to be strong, Chaeyoung. If you want to see Jungkook wake up, please have some food first. You have to get back your strength, my dear.", she tried again to make me drink so I gave up with her.

I drank a bit from the glass before she went to check what my mom brought for me.

"There's fruit salad and some sandwiches here. Your mom prepared a lot for you. Don't you want to eat them, Chaeyoung?", she asked as she opened the food container letting the aroma of fresh fruits enter my nose.

"If you don't want...I'll eat them for you...", she said as she took a bite of the sliced green apple from the container. "Mmm...this is so good.", she added as she munched it with pleasure making me wonder if it really is good. It's not like I don't like what my mom made but I was in no mood to eat. Mrs Lee really just made me have the mood in a sudden.