65: His Heartbeat

I wish that you would love me
Just like yesterday, don’t let go of this hand ever again
And every time my heart beats
Match your steps so you don’t wander around ever again

Park Chaeyoung's POV

The sound of birds chirping outside the window made me awakened from my sleep. As I opened my eyes slowly, I tried to raise my hands in the air but I felt like something was blocking my hands from moving. I blinked a few times before I clearly see what was stopping my hands from moving freely.

It was someone. Someone's hands. A pair of hands trapping me from being free.

I quickly turned around and saw the handsome face of Jungkook who is still sleeping beside me. Looking at our position, I wondered how long he had been hugging me this way. I did not remember when we arrived here or how I ended up sleeping on my bed instead of his car. Last thing I remembered from last night is I was smiling at him before I fell asleep in the car.

I slowly turned my body so I can face him before I see him stirred up with my movement. I called his name but he just hummed without opening his eyes. I could feel his hands holding me tighter until my ears caught the loud beating of his heartbeat.

"Five minutes, please.", he whispered as I buried my face to his chest.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

A sigh escaped my mouth as I got disappointed with my clothes to attend the wedding with Chaeyoung.

"Jungkook, you look good already. Why you look sad?", she asked me as she saw me walking out of the guest room of my penthouse to the living room.

"All my clothes are black and white. And you're wearing a light blue dress. We're not matching, Chaeyoung.", I let out my disappointment to her but she reacted with a laughter. "Yah, I didn't say anything funny.", I told her as I crossed my arms.

She nodded before she asked me where I put my handkerchief because she needs it. I frowned at her question but I still brought her into the guest room next to my bedroom to see if I keep my handkerchief there. Once I found it in the wardrobe, I pointed it to her but her head was facing elsewhere.

"Chaeyoung?", I touched her shoulder before I asked what was she looking at.

"There supposed to be a lot of roses in those vases.", she told me as she showed me the vases on the floor of the room.

"Oh...they withered so I threw them away. I don't know who put them there."

"It was you. But, maybe you don't remember that.", she cut me off and I could just reply with an 'oh' to her. "It's okay. Where's the handkerchief?", she asked me so I showed her the drawer full with various colours of handkerchiefs in it.

She took a look at them and grabbed one out of the drawer. It was a light blue coloured one. She folded it nicely before she asked me to get down to her level as I was facing her. Then, she put the handkerchief into the pocket of my black suit.

"There. Now, we're matching.", she said as she smiled at me.

I looked at the small thing in my pocket with a pout. "Is this enough?", I asked.

"Yes, it is. We'll be late for the wedding. We have to go now, Kookie.", I stopped pouting as she pulled my left hand with her right hand while her left hand pushing the wheelchair to the front door.