zero.

( sadie sink as young!chloe allen )

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

PROLOGUE

ooo. the first time chloe allen breaks

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

CHLOE ALLEN WAS awoken by a sound of screaming. The young girl, only being 14, crept quietly down the stairs stopping and hiding behind the dinning room wall, as she saw a man in a bright yellow suit itching closer to her mom as his hand vibrated faster than she could see.

She froze in fear of what was going to happen, she didn't know what was going on, she may have been smart but in that moment Chloe Allen's thoughts all left her body as dread set in as the man moved his hand into her chest, slowing down her heart.

Chloe let out a wimper, almost so quiet that you couldn't hear it, the man turned over to look at where she was hiding making the girl quickly jump down behind the wall scared to look into what seemed to be red glowing eyes. She'd never get those eyes out of her mind. But soon the man quickly fled, but not before planting a knife in her moms chest and speeding off faster than Chloe could blink. As soon as he was gone Chloe ran towards her mother, Nora Allen.

She ran as fast as her shaking legs could take her as she collapsed next to her mom trying to help her, to do anything. She was trying to stop the blood but it just seeped deeper into her pajamas.

"No! NO! Please! Don't leave! Me and Barry still need you-" Chloe wept, adding softer, "Dad still needs you, Mommy. ." Chloe was shaking and sobbing as she saw her mom pull a hand up to her cheek to wipe away her tears, they still fell.

Nora Allen coughed slightly, tears of her own in her eyes, she didn't let any fall though, trying to stay strong for her little girl, "Oh, my baby girl-" She let out another cough, "I'm sorry Chlo, please take care of your brother for me. Be strong for me, you were always stronger than me." Nora sniffled, "I love you, my baby girl."

Chloe saw her eyes beginning to close - Nora didn't want her daughter to have to look into her cold eyes once she was gone - she yelled, "NO! Mom- P- Please, please d- don't leave me! Stay!"

Nora Allen's eyes softly closed, her breathing slowing as she fell into a permanent slumber.

"No. No. No. No.'' She whimpered out as a sob broke through her throat. "Stay. Stay. Stay. Stay-" She kept repeating under her breath, tears falling faster and faster as her breath quickened. The young girl then let out a chocked, "I love you too, Mom..." Before slowly standing up and shakily making her way outside.

She screamed and screamed at the sky as she fell into the open street hearing the sirens from the police as they made their way closer to the house. Chloe sobbed and sobbed as her bare knees got scraped and bloodied from the gravel of the road. And when the police found the girl in the middle of the road curled up in a ball as she wept they made sure she couldn't see her father being escorted out to the cop car to take him into questioning.

But the young red headed girl had already seen her mother die, she had already seen the worst thing she could that night. Those red glowing eyes and her mothers breathing slowing as she watched the life drain from her eyes.

That was the first time Chloe Allen broke. And it certainly wasn't the last either.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

AUTHORS NOTE | word count : 584

What's up y'all! I never did do a real authors note here!

Anyways I hope you enjoy the story further on. I am editing as of right now (It's August 2020) so don't mind it!

May 2021 Update!!! Wow, looking back on this chapter is making my mind blown - the fucking parallel to this and the next chapter in this little series part thing ( i mean the title, it correlates to the next part of it which is "the second time chloe breaks" AND BRUH THAT HURTS THINKING AB HOW IT PARALLELS TO THAT CHAPTER AND THE WHOLE OF BOOK THREE SJDJDJSJ-

OKAY OKAY SORRY! ENJOY THE REST OF MY BOOK ( hopefully ) !!!!!!!

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛