fourty-one.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE

oxli. gaining trust back

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

CISCO AND CHLOE were tinkering with Harleys gauntlets, Caitlin walking in and asking, "Where's Dr. Wells?"

"I'm not sure." Cisco told her as Chloe let out a snappily, "How are we supposed to know, frankly right now, I don't really care either."

Caitlin looked at her shocked, Cisco had already gotten used to the snappiness, he'd seen it more frequently now.

"Sorry, Sorry. I haven't been sleeping much lately, and when I'm tired I'm snappy." Chloe told her with a sigh, dragging a hand over her face, it was only partly true.

Caitlin just nodded in understanding.

"Barry was right." Cisco told Caitlin, "Hartley was using sonic resonance. The intensity regulators measuring decibels. But you know what's weird?" Cisco questioned retort, "He had it set to the lowest setting."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he could've completely destroyed his fathers building if he wanted to in one blast." Cisco stated.

"But he didn't..." Chloe mumbled, trailing off.

"So, why not just do it and leave? I mean, why stick around and run the risk of getting caught?" Caitlin questioned.

"Hartley's smart, he wouldn't do something with no plan-" Chloe started before pausing and thinking, "Unless he wanted to get caught. ."

"Exactly. He wanted to get caught." Cisco realized, quickly getting up, Chloe following behind quickly. The screen of Harleys cell showed an empty cell with the glass everywhere. Cisco clicked the alarm, "Dr. Wells! There's been a pipeline breach."

"Stay here." Cisco told Caitlin, as Chloe followed after him. As Cisco reached the pipeline door before her it exploded, pushing him back and knocking him out as Chloe hid behind the wall. Chloe quickly ran back to the cortex, while Hartley slowly left the pipeline.

"Caitlin! Hartley's escaped! Cisco's knocked out- I think-" She was cut off as she felt something hit the back of her head and make her fall down. She quickly saw Caitlin fall to the ground her getting knocked out.