fifty-five.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

olv. tricksters

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"ALL RIGHT, THIS is everything that we know about Harrison Wells, which is actually not a lot." Chloe heard Barry say as she walked into his lab. She was going to ask if he wanted to go for coffee but apparently this was far more interesting.

"Why do you have a whole board full of shit about Wells?" Chloe questioned walking further into his lab.

"Chloe!" Barry yelped in surprise, not expecting to hear her voice, "What are you doing here?!"

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to go for coffee." She turned to see Joe in a chair, "This is far more interesting though- Do you believe Joe now?"

Barry simply nodded, Joe asking Barry, "Didn't you read a whole book about him?"

"Yeah." Barry nodded, "600 pages, and the big take away is he's enigmatic." Barry told him.

"You guy's mom was killed by a speedster." Joe motioned to the two Allen's, Chloe having taken a seat in one of the office chairs.

"Wells' machine turned you into a speedster. That's way too many coincidences for this old cop."

Barry groaned putting his head in his hands and dragging them down his face. He exhaled before talking, "Do you think he wanted me to become The Flash?"

"Everything he's done since that night you got struck by lightning-" Joe started listing things on his fingers, "Bringing you to STAR Labs, giving you the suit, training you- It's all been to keep you safe."

"And to make me faster." Barry added, "Wells once said that he needed more speed from me. Why?"

"He needs something from you, maybe your speed for some odd reason?" Chloe questioned at the same time as her brother.

Joe shook his head, "It's possible but I don't know." Joe stood up still looking at the board, "But he wants something from you, Barry. We just need to figure it out what it is."

"Well, let's go get him then and let's go get some answers!" Barry pressed, talking quite fast.

"We can't do that now as much as we might want to." Joe told him, putting a hand up in a stop motion.