sixty-six.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

olxvi. safe and sound

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I WANT YOU both to take a moment, and think about all the things that define your life."

Thawne paused, "All the people you love. Your job. Your co-workers. Your home. And now imagine if one day, in a flash, all of that vanished." Another pause. "Would you simply accept your new life and continue on? Or would you do whatever it takes. . to get back what was taken from you?"

"Because. . I can assure you. I will get everything that was taken. . From me." Thawne told them. And Chloe was slowly starting to believe it too.

"I KEPT ASKING myself, why would Wells pretend to need a wheelchair?" Cisco questioned, asking the four in front of him. He had also called Leonard, haven taken the number from Chloes phone, Cisco felt he needed this information as well.

"Sympathy, I suppose." Caitlin responded.

"That's what I thought at first, but this is The Man in Yellow. He's The Reverse Flash. He's much smarter than that. Sympathy can't be the only reason." Cisco explained.

"Yeah, it was a misdirect. Just like everything else Wells has done. I mean the last person we'd expect to be The Man in Yellow is someone who lost the use of their legs." Joe said.

Leonard smirked, "Thats just even more of a reason to look into him."

"Why is he here anyway?" Joe asked Cisco.

"He wants to find Chlo, and by investigating Wells, it leads us closer to finding Eddie and Chloe." Cisco paused, "And he told us to call him if we found anything." Leonard just nodded.

Cisco then turned back to Joe, a grin over taking his face, "Thats exactly right, though, Joe. Which is why I started messing around with the wheelchair."

Cisco flipped it onto its side.

"And that's when I found this." He moved a compartment to show some mechanism that had a glowing liquid in it.

"Damn. You can't get that at Radio Shack." Joe joked.

"The hell is that?" Leonard asked, his arms crossed.