thirty-two.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

oxxxii. trying to catch the man in yellow

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

BACK AT STAR Labs, Chloe stood near Cisco looking at the camera footage for the trap. She was going to end this once and for all. She wasn't going to be scared of this speedster anymore. She wasn't going to be afraid of this monster anymore.

"The Tachyon device is in place." Cisco told them.

"Do you like think it'll work?" Barry asked.

"It will work. It has to work." Chloe stated, trying not to doubt the trap, she had helped build it, she hoped it would work.

"It'll work." Cisco told them before walking out of the room.

"So how do we advertise to him that the prototypes here?" Barry questioned.

"Well take care of that." Dr. Wells told the younger Allen. Barry nodded, before looking to Joe and back to Wells. Chloe noticed it too.

"What's the problem?"

"I'd like to know as well." Chloe added, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"Look, Barry, Chloe. . Me and Dr. Wells have spoken and..." He paused, "We think it would be best if you both weren't here for this."

Chloe let out an angry scoff. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for this Joe?" She demeaned to him. Silence. "Do you want to know?" She didn't let him say yes or no, for she answered. "I've been waiting 14 years to lock this monster up, I've been waiting for 14 years ever since I watched with my own eyes as he slaughtered my mother. Barry's mother." She paused looking to Dr. Wells and then back to Joe, more so directing this to Dr. Wells. "Why do you think I built The Cold Gun?" She questioned, not giving them any time to answer. "I didn't build it to hurt Barry, I would never do that. I didn't build it for fun." She calmly explained. "I built it in fear that monster, This "man" in yellow," She air quoted man, he was far from a man, "Would hurt my family. That he would kill every last one of you like he did Barry and I's mom." Hers eyes stung a bit, Chloe blinking the tears away, her eyes narrowing harshly, "I need to be there." She looked to her brother, "Barry needs to be there."

"That's what I'm talking about, you're both too close to this." Joe argued.

"Or maybe not close enough. If you hadn't been too scared and warned me that he was here weeks ago, we could have been prepared for this." Barry told him.