thirty-three.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

oxxxiii. i love you

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I'VE BEEN GOING over the data, and I still don't know why the containment system failed. I must have missed something. I'm sorry." Cisco spoke as he stood near Chloe the woman having a small frown on her face, her eyes were red from having been crying not even an hour earlier.

"Cisco's there's nothing we can do now-" Chloe scoffed slightly, her voice getting quiet, "That bastard always gets away. I could never stop him. Maybe he's too fast to beat. ."

"It's not your fault, Cisco." He paused, "But if you three feel the need to apologize for something, you might start with the not telling me that Ronnie is still alive."

"I asked Cisco and Chloe to not say anything." Caitlin told Dr. Wells, taking the blame.

"I wouldn't have told anyways, we needed more proof." Chloe shrugged.

"Once I saw what Ronnie had become, I needed..." Caitlin looked up trying not to let any tears fall, "I needed time to see if I could make him whole again. I'm sorry. I know you're mad." Caitlin looked down.

"No." Wells shook his head, "I don't know what I would have done differently in your situation." He grabbed Caitlins wrist, "I know I have made you a lot of promises. I know I've not been able to keep them all. But on my life I promise you this... We will bring Ronnie home." There was no doubt in the doctors voice as he told Caitlin this making her smile softly.

"And we'll all help. Mark my words. Now, I have to go find Barr." Chloe left the room sending a small smile to her co-workers, a more of a sorry smile to Dr. Wells.

She left STAR Labs making her way over to CCPD, taking one of the buses.

          WALKING INTO BARRY'S lab she saw Joe sitting in front of her brother, she smiled softly walking over to them.

"Hey, Barry, Joe-" She greeted them, "You feeling okay Barr? He knocked you down a few times." Chloe asked, pulling up one of the chairs around his lab and sitting next to him. Barry nodded, a small sad smile on his face as he set down a small snow globe.

Chloe let out a small chuckle, a sad grin on her face, "Mom always wanted to go back to Europe, she never got the chance too." Barry nodded looking down a bit.