eighteen.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

oxviii. powers

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

AFTER THE TWO co-workers ran down to where they kept the generators at. Chloe held onto a flashlight, shining it to where Cisco needed to see. Cisco began to flip a bunch of switches to turn back on the power. Once the last switch was flipped on, Chloe and Cisco both sighed in relief that the power was back on. But the generators could go out at any minute, so Chloe turned off her flashlight as Cisco checked everything over.

"Do you think it worked?" Chloe asked. "I'm not sure-" Just as Cisco said that, Barry and Caitlin came in to the room, Barry was draped around Caitlin for support.

"Oh my god! Barry- Are you okay?!" Chloe asked worried.

"You're winded. That's not good." Cisco pointed out as Caitlin sat Barry down.

"I need to take your blood to figure out what happened." Caitlin told him, going into Doctor Mode. Barry was panting, Chloe walked over to them, worried about her brother.

"I can't believe he's dead." Barry panted.

"Dr. Wells?" Cisco asked as Chloe asked, her eyebrows furrowed, "Who's dead Barry?"

"No, no. Tony Woodward." Barry told them.

As Caitlin injected a needle into Barry's arm she told them, "He escaped from the pipeline."

"Holy shit-" Chloe breathed. Tony may have been a bully but he didn't deserve to die. Chloe knew that much.

"He must have got out when the blackout hit."

"Not possible. The pipeline was designed to withstand a power outage. Someone had to have let him out." Cisco told them.

Chloe glared at the ground, "There's only two other people in the building and sparky sure as hell didn't let him out- It was Dr. Wells."

"Chloes right. I did. I released him." Dr. Wells spoke up.

Chloes mind was reeling, how could he have gotten Tony out of the pipeline? The barrier weighs a lot, and Dr. Wells is in a wheelchair? He couldn't possible walk, Could he? Chloe shook her head, No. Dr. Wells wouldn't lie to us, would he? Chloe was doubting her boss every second that was passing, she was almost certain he couldn't walk - but it made no sense otherwise how would he be able to get Tony out of the pipeline? Chloe brushed it off, she could brainstorm later.