nine.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER NINE

ooix. loosing a friend

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

THE NEXT MORNING Barry walked into STAR Labs to see everyone looking around sadly. Chloe had her eyes trained on the screen of Bettes skeleton.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Barry asked worried.

"Did Eiling find out you're here?"

"No. Caitlin was about to give me the not-so-good news." Bette replied, saddened. Barry looked around expectantly.

"The shrapnel in your body has merged with you on a cellular level." Caitlin explained her voice full of sadness.

"And the technology required to unsplice your DNA... It hasn't been invented yet." Dr. Wells told Bette, his voice holding the same tone.

The woman simply nodded in despair as tears formed in her vision. Chloe looked over to her sadly, she couldn't live a normal life now.

"Bette-" Barry started saying but Bette cut him off, "It's okay. Roger that." Before sarcastically saying, "I just need a minute. Don't worry. Pretty sure I can cry without blowing stuff up." She walked out of the room. Barry put his head down disappointed that he couldn't help Bette.

"What now?" Chloe demanded softly.

Dr. Wells went to speak, but Barry didn't give him the chance, "She joins us. Becomes part of the team."

"Barry... you have an amazing ability to help people. She makes things explode." Caitlin tried to explain.

Chloe scoffed, "So? You just want to stop helping her? Who knows, maybe the technology to help could be made in a year! You don't know that- We all don't know that. . So why should we stop helping her? Bette didn't ask for this. None of the Metas asked for this."

Barry agreed, "She's the first Meta-human not Hell-bent on destroying the city."

"It's too dangerous." Dr. Wells told the brother and sister.

"Well, she's not going in the pipeline." Barry argued.

"I'm not suggesting she go in the pipeline, but were she to remain in STAR Labs, it would put all of us at risk." Dr. Wells explained.