fifty-eight.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

olviii. awkward and stressful dinner

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

NOW ACTUALLY BACK inside the building, Caitlin was checking Rays vitals and such. Felicity was peering over the wall watching before Barry spoke, "So, he seems a little tall for you."

"Barry Allen, are you jealous?" Felicity questioned, an accusing tone to her voice.

"Jea- no. No, I'm not jealous. I just- I really wished you would've called before flying in." Barry told her.

"Technically she didn't fly in, Ray did." Chloe told him, a small smile on her face, despite the slight uncomfortableness in her legs the woman felt fine.

"Oh no, he flew, I drove." Felicity immediately told Barry, jokingly.

"I'm serious, all right? Now is not the best time." Barry whispered to her. Chloe nodded, she had been trying not to think of the inevitable truth, maybe to stop her from killing Wells, she'll never know.

"Why?" Felicity asked with a smile, before it fell at the sight of the two Allen's faces, "What's going on?" She asked somberly.

Barry and Chloe didn't have time to answer for Ray and Caitlin came out of the lab.

"Ah, well, my ears popped, so that's something." Ray seemed to be the person that smiled despite every fucked up thing that happened.

"You're lucky you didn't break your neck." Caitlin told him, in 'Doctor Mode.' Before she questioned, "What is it with billionaires being superheroes?"

"Uhh- I'm not rich and I still like to help out wherever I can." Chloe piped up from where she was standing. Cisco then asked, "So have you... Picked a name yet?" Chloe walked over, "What he's saying is that he wants to give you a superhero name if you don't have one."

"I'm kind of partial to The Atom." He then made a motion of making an o shape with his hand smaller with a, "Shoo."

Cisco squinted his eyes, "You married to that, or...?" Chloe grinned at her friends silent insult.

Dr. Wells then spoke up from where he was, "Your Atom suit... Is quite the technological achievement, Mr. Palmer. I'm impressed."