sixteen.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

oxvi. barry loses his speed

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

LATER THAT DAY Chloe sat beside Cisco as the team went over Barry's photos he'd got at the crime sense of a man that had been burned beyond comparison, his body and face were unrecognizable.

"Facial Reconstruction Software- it's designed for Archeologists, and it should help us I.D. your crispy corpse." Cisco spoke to the team as he clicked the keys on his keyboard.

Both Chloe and Barry spoke at the same time next, "How'd he even get burnt like that though?"

"The question is, how did he get fried in the first place?" Barry questioned, looking to Chloe before continuing, "Is there a Meta-human out there that can control electricity?"

"It'd take a serious Electrostatic discharge to cause that level of tissue damage." Dr. Wells told him.

"Guys," Cisco spoke to get their attention, "According to the software, there's an 82% chance your victim looked like this."

"82?" Barry questioned amusingly.

"Hey- It was zero when you walked in here, pal."

"Can you cross-reference that with the DMV database, maybe get a name." Barry asked Cisco.

"Absolutely." The hacker answered, "This software can do just about anything. . now that Felicity programmed it."

"Told you shes the better hacker Cisco!" Chloe told her friend in a singsong voice, she really just liked teasing him if she was being honest.

He just waved her off and read off the name the software matched up with, "Casey Donahue. No wife. No kids. Used to work at the Petersberg Electrical Substation."

"That can't be a coincidence." Caitlin told them.

"That's weird. Someone just used his I.D. to enter the substation." Cisco observed.

"The Petersberg grid is experiencing a power drain right now." Caitlin said rising from her seat, with an urgent tone.

"Barr, please don't-"

"Barry, be-" Both Chloe and Dr. Wells were cut off by Barry zooming away.

"-Do anything stupid." Chloe sighed.

"-Careful."

That left the team in silence until Cisco announced, "Whoa, what was that?"

"Barry are you okay?" Chloe questioned, worried. When he didn't answer, Dr. Wells asked him, "Barry what's happening?"

"Get out of there." Both Chloe and Dr. Wells told him, Chloe sounding more urgent.

"Run, Barry." Dr. Wells told Barry as Chloe was now chewing on her nails waiting for Barry to respond, it was weird that he wasn't running back to STAR Labs.

"I can't." Barry's voice came through the mic. "My speed. . ." He paused, "Is gone."

NOW THAT BARRY was back at STAR Labs, he was trying to start running on the treadmill, but he was running like a normal person not with super speed.

"He runs slow even for a normal person." Cisco pointed out. "Barry's always been the least athletic one in the family. He's never really ran fast." Chloe told Cisco from where she stood next to him.

"You can't just lose your powers, okay? Your DNA was transformed by the Particle Accelerator blast. There's no way to untransform DNA." Caitlin tried to tell Barry.

"Yeah, tell that to the Uber Driver who charged me 65 bucks to take me here. I had to tell him I was coming from a cosplay party." Barry, slightly panted out, slight anger in his tone.

"So we were wrong. This Meta-human doesn't electrocute people; he siphons electricity, thereby removing your power." Dr. Wells spoke.

"All right, Do we think this is temporary or-" Barry tried to get answers, Chloe could tell he was slightly freaking out so she walked over to him and sat down next to him and gave his hand a squeeze, him returning it.

"We have to run some tests." Chloe told him.

"Yeah." Barry nodded solemnly, before he started getting up, and making his way out to the cortex, "I've got to warn Joe." Before he made his way out of the doorway, Dr. Wells spoke making Barry turn to look at him.

"Barry, We will find a good way to restore your speed. I promise you that." Barry nodded his head to that.

"Yeah! So don't worry to much lil bro!" Chloe smiled trying to be optimistic - even if she was a realist - which caused Barry to crack a small smile before he walked out of the door, and went to warn Joe. I hope we can find a way to get his speed back- I hate seeing Barry sad. Chloe thought to herself her smile turning sad.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

AUTHORS NOTE | word count - 721

Here's a quick small chapter, the next is most likely gonna be more action packed if we get to the plot point i'm trying to make for Chloe!

Hope you enjoyed this!

I have to go clean my room now lmao!

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛