sixty-eight.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

olxviii. barry can't get it through his head to not time travel

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"WHAT? NO BIG Belly Burger?" Thawne questioned Barry and Chloe from where he stood in a pipeline cell, "Its one of the few perks of living in this time."

"And one of the perks of mine will be killing you." Chloe growled, her eyes narrowed at the man.

"I don't think Barry over there would allow that." Thawne pointed out, before going back to Big Belly Burger, "We're out of cows where I come from. . You don't care about that. You both have questions. Go ahead."

"Not sure where to start..." Barry paused, "Thawne. That is your real name- Eobard Thawne."

"Since the day I was born." Thawne nodded.

"And when was that?" Barry questioned.

"137 years from now." Thawne told him, stopping the pacing, "Thats not what you want to know." Barry looked down, Chloe was still glaring at the man. She really wanted to kill him, slowly and painfully. But Team Flash was all about heroics, they could never kill anyone. Note the sarcasm.

"Go ahead, Barry. Ask it."

"Why did you kill our mother?" Barry demanded, softly.

"Because I hate you. I hate the both of you. Not you now. You years from now." Thawne explained.

"Yeah? Well I hate you too." Chloe hissed.

"In the future." Barry stated, ignoring his older sister.

"In a future. Yes. We're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another." Thawne turned to Chloe, "And you ruin everything."

"Why? Wh- Why were we enemies?" Barry questioned.

"It doesn't matter." Thawne shook his head, before he briefly turned around, "It doesn't... Matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us was strong enough to defeat the other. Until I learned your secret. I learned your name. Barry Allen. And finally, I knew how to defeat you once and for all. Travel back in time, kill you as a child." He made a quester with his hands, "Wipe you from the face of the earth. But then you, future you, that is, followed me back, and we fought. We both landed some pretty solid shots. And then you, future you, got your younger self out of there. I was so mad." Thawne paused, "But then I thought... what if you were to suffer a tragedy? What if you were to suffer something so horrible, so traumatic that your child self would never recover?" Thawne had his arms crossed, "Then you would not become The Flash. And so I stabbed your mother in the heart, and I was free. Finally able to return to a future without The Flash, only to realize that in traveling back I'd lost my way home. Lost my ability to harness the speed force. And without it, I was stuck here. Stranded in this time unable to return to my own. And the only way back was The Flash. And The Flash was gone, and so I created him."