twenty-six.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

oxxvi. presents and tree decorating

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

CHRISTMAS SEASON WAS always one of Chloes favorites, she now even could spend part of it with her boyfriend.

Wow, weird. . I have a boyfriend after all these years... Chloe thought as she helped Joe and Barry hang up decorations on Joes Christmas tree.

"There's only two boxes left." Joe said aloud to the two siblings.

"You know, at this rate we'll be finished by Easter." Barry joked. Joe chuckled as Chloe laughed into her hand, as she grabbed another decoration. Before looking over to Barry as he grinned Joe had the same thought cross his mind, "Don't even." He told Barry.

Barry then sped around the tree and put up the rest of the decorations.

"Come on, Lightning Boy- you could've at least let me hang up a few more... I already put my own tree up at my apartment." Chloe pouted as she hung up the last decoration in her hand before smiling softly as she thought of how Leonard had helped her with her tree.

"Do you need help?" Leonard chuckled as he watched Chloe struggle to put the star on top of her tree.

"Yes please!" She yelled as she stood on her tippy toes.

Leonard walked over and lifted her up slightly letting the woman put the star on top of the tree.

As he set her down she turned around and gave him a peck on the lips before pulling away and rushing behind the tree and plugging in the lights to the plug.

"There!" Chloe exclaimed as she walked over to Leonard, him pulling her closer as his arm laid around her waist.

Chloe sighed, "I think we did a good job." She told him looking over at the light up tree.

"You did most of the work, Princess." Leonard chuckled at her.

Chloe pouted, "I like Christmas, okay?! Just wait 'till there are presents under the tree Lenny!"

"Oh no... You're going to go all out aren't you, Chloe?" Leonard asked her, faking being scared.

"Yep!" She tapped his nose saying a small, "boop." making the man laugh.