two.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TWO

ooii. barry wakes up and life is still somehow turned upside down

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

          CHLOE WALKED INTO STAR Labs, seeing as after nine whole months only her, Cisco and Caitlin and their boss Dr. Wells, still resided in the facility.  It had been nine fucking months since her brother had fallen into a coma.

The first month had been the worst. Chloe wouldn't come out of her apartment for weeks. Iris and Joe had to convince her that Barry wouldn't want this, causing the older sister to lash out violently.

The second month was almost as bad as the first, Chloe was out of her home but would sometimes look over her shoulder expecting to see her stupid brothers face.

The third month, was worse than the second, somehow.  Chloe slowly started spiraling and she didn't have anyone to talk too. Not Joe, not Iris, not her coworkers. No one.

The forth month, Chloe slowly got better - that's a lie, she acted like she got better. She still cried herself to sleep, still blamed herself, thinking what would have happened if she had only stayed with Barry that wretched night. She acted like she was fine, but deep down she wasn't, and mainly everyone who knew her didn't know that.

The fifth month, Chloe kept pretending, she even started going back to work. She still cried at night. Her fake smile seemed to become more tiring, she didn't want to fake it anymore, she wanted to be happy. But the only thing that would make her happy was Barry, and he was in a coma.

The sixth month, Chloe was drained, faking for so long had made her tired - so damn tired - and she barely slept, her sleep plagued with nightmares, when she was awake she faked and faked, until one day Joe found her in Barry's room, crying her eyes out as she clutched a picture of them. It made him remember what Barry told her about Halloween of 2000.

The seventh month, Chloe started going to her mothers grave and just talked for hours, trying to feel at peace, slowly accepting that Barry may not come back, it pained her, but she needed to try and move on.

The eighth month, Chloe slowly got back into her feet and started to become less depressed. She started to smile - for real - she only faked a smile once or twice. She still cried some nights to sleep, but she was mourning, she didn't feel so bad about being sad anymore.