eighty-nine.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER EIGHTY-NINE

olxxxix. leonard's return

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I WAS JUST thinking that if we could inject an unstable neutrino burst into the individual breaches, it might cause them to seal on their own." Jay spoke to Caitlin, Chloe and Cisco just watching the two. "And stop Zoom from traveling back and forth between our worlds." Caitlin grinned.

"At least then we wouldn't have to worry about him sending any more Meta-Humans over for Barry to fight." Jay added in.

"It means a lot." Caitlin suddenly said.

"What does?" Jay asked, clueless.

"You looking after Barry. He's been through a lot the last few weeks." Caitlin thanked.

"Barry's not the only person here I want to keep safe." Jay stumbled over his words a bit as Caitlin grinned at him.

Chloe and Cisco both groaned, "Oh, Dear Lord, just kiss already. Oh the thirst is real." "I can literally feel the tension in the air--" Chloe said, standing near Cisco.

"Is everything all right?" Caitlin asked the two, annoyed.

"Yeah, I keep checking but all us quiet on the Meta-Human front." Cisco told her, "Hey, you think Zoom decided to take Christmas off?"

"What's Christmas?" Jay suddenly asked, Chloe almost laughed, the man had to be lying.

"Oh, uh, well it's this holiday we have where we cut down trees and sing songs to celebrate the birth of a baby 2,000 years ago, and then the Romans killed him so we give each other gifts--" Caitlin explained, Chloe standing by Cisco and having a look of confusion on her face.

"That's your explanation?" Both Chloe and Cisco questioned, Chloes eyebrows raised. "Also he's totally shitting you, Cait." Chloe added.

Jay nodded, "I know what Christmas is."

"Oh, right, of course." The two laughed, "Um, you know, Joe and Barry and Iris are having people over for Christmas Eve, and they said we could invite whoever we want." She initiated that she wanted to invite Jay.

"Who-- Who do you want?" Jay asked, making Chloe snort at the innuendo.

"You." Caitlin stated, before her cheeks flushed and she stammered, "I want to invite you, I mean."